[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask anything I might just be able to help! fee=cool pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 20
File: advice cat.jpg (54 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
advice cat.jpg
54 KB, 600x450
Ask anything I might just be able to help!

fee=cool pic
>>
File: 1411528594959.jpg (167 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1411528594959.jpg
167 KB, 500x750
>>17110036
Alright I'll bite.

Why should anyone ask you for advice when they can ask literally anyone else on this board who wont insist on stupid games?
>>
>>17110045

Simply because I like to help and I will put effort in trying to give best advice possible.
More perspectives on issue person can get that much better so even if asking everyone else one more view point can't hurt right?

It is not a game how hard can be to drop random pic when everyone has folders for it
and I'm in need of some.
>>
File: 1462175248707.jpg (104 KB, 601x600) Image search: [Google]
1462175248707.jpg
104 KB, 601x600
i keep getting texts from married women. should i fuck one?
>>
>>17110110

That is something you should ask your self. Do you want to and is it worth it ?

If answer is yes then why the hell not if you don't fuck her she will find someone else to fuck with.

In my mind there is no need to get involved with married women when there are so many free but it can
be very fun in its own way as long you make sure there is no emotional involvement.
>>
>>17110137

>if you don't fuck her she will find someone else to fuck with
>make sure there is no emotional involvement

actual good advice. hey thanks!
>>
>>17110164

Glad to help
>>
How do I produce the most retched poops I can possibly muster?
>>
>>17110209
wretched*
>>
>>17110209

I have little experience with experimenting with that so I have to go by what I was told and heard about it.

Eggs,hot pepper and many other foods can achieve that. I guess drinking some alcohol
and sprout juice in addition should enhance the effect.

Ingesting more fat then body can deal with is guarantee for wretched poops from my experience.
>>
>>17110209
Buy one of those black bk burgers.
Eat something like corn as well.
Lots of fiber for solidarity.
Shit solid green w/ lumps.
Enjoy.
>>
File: image_52.jpg (115 KB, 720x836) Image search: [Google]
image_52.jpg
115 KB, 720x836
What's a good way, besides talking to other people, to avoid someone who has friendzone you?

And what's a good way to make it not seem so obvious that you are trying avoiding them?
>>
>>17110278
what jpeg artifact travesty is this
>>
>>17110278
Stop being beta.
You don't always need to talk to someone you don't want to.
>>
File: image_49.jpg (173 KB, 1125x1166) Image search: [Google]
image_49.jpg
173 KB, 1125x1166
>>17110285
I think it got corrupted when I tried to upload it. Here's another
>>
File: 1453498058410.jpg (73 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1453498058410.jpg
73 KB, 800x800
>used to think I had no problem with addiction
>even when I started smoking the thoughts of me puking from the smoke one time made me limit myself to once a week at most
>quit most of my vices and when I start them back up again they don't last for more than a month
>just now realized I'm addicted to food
>have trouble losing weight because of this

What do?
>>
>>17110288
Wish it was that easy. I'm literally everywhere with this girl it makes no sense anymore. Fuck I'll tell her I'm busy in a serious tone multiple times but she just comes right back every time. I feel like a dick if I just leave.
>>
My girlfriend works a lot of hours nowadays and my semester just ended recently. I noticed I've picked up some separation anxiety that I never used to have, since I actually had shit to do. Like, it's because I love her, but that's also why I don't want to burden her with this shit.

Like she'll come home and be exhausted and just browse online until she goes to bed to repeat it again, until one of her days off. Grasping for her attention is kind of dumb and irrational, though probably normal. I haven't shown any 'symptoms' towards her yet, so I can keep myself under control. It doesn't mean it doesn't hurt just because I don't show it, though.

Honestly stumped. My brain wants to accept her, but my instincts are needy. I'm trying to find a job and hope keeping busy fixes this. Could I get your opinion on it, though?

Sorry for the long question, my dude, but I felt like context was important.
>>
File: qotsa wallpapers.jpg (85 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
qotsa wallpapers.jpg
85 KB, 1000x563
My friends say I can be very charismatic and funny, but I freeze up whenever I'm with grils for some reason. How do I stop being beta in this aspect?
>>
>>17110299
Limit the source and you will not worry about it anymore. When i was addicted to buying monster in my teens I just stopped going to the store, or waste money on something else like mints or school supplies.

Stop going to restaurants so much and go to the gym instead. Have some will power.
>>
>>17110303
You need to find a job, and fast.

If you want her to not be tired as hell every night then have a job to balance hers out so she doesn't have to work so much.

I know you are job searching now. But hurry if you want this to work out man.
>>
File: holyshitwhat.jpg (7 KB, 192x154) Image search: [Google]
holyshitwhat.jpg
7 KB, 192x154
>>17110036
How do I become content with not speaking very much at all? I figure the quieter I am the better I will be at handling things as I am more collected when I am quiet for a majority of the day. I also can use it as an advantage in a lot of ways like using it to my own desires.

(I know this post is 3edgy; I'm not trying to look cool though. ;_;)
>>
>>17110300
I was in the same boat as you. I would give short responses to her and try to ignore her but it was hard. I eventually just got to the point where I told her to keep her distance bc it was screwing me up too much. I obviously didn't say it like that but that was the general idea behind what I was telling her.
>>
>>17110319
Uh.. I mean, you tried. Working won't make her work any less, to be honest. She lives in her mom's basement and I've got a room at my own ma's place.

Also, it's gonna work out. I have no delusions about that. This chick's loved me for years and years. We're just finally at a point where we can move in together. That's why I want to find a job, desu. Gotta get fat stacks so we can afford an apartment and fund her own College.

Anyways, I appreciate the advice. I don't think it's awful advice, either. It's just non-applicable in this case.
>>
>>17110278

Well obviously you have to lie but when you do it coat it with little truth. You need to have loads of excuses if person contacts you a lot.Create excuses from time to time if you get called to hang out arrange to hang with someone else
for example.

Keep talking over facebook(or anything that is not very personal) little just to sway any doubts that you are trying to avoid and present image how you are extremely busy with stuff.

But key to all of this is see this person from time to time and talk only about your self(how its busy and shit) and show disinterest in other persons life. You have to do this because if you don't then anyone with half brain will figure you out.
So by acting this way your are forcing other person to contact you less and less.

This aside best thing to do from my perspective is to tell this person that you can't be friends since you don't see him/her as a friend and being it their presence while not having them hurts. Lying and playing games will only hurt you more in the long run and why would you dirt your personality when you can be extraordinary and avoid petty things that regular plebs do.

So best way to deal with friend zone is eliminate it and who knows what will happen next.
>>
File: IMG_0268.jpg (3 MB, 3127x3439) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0268.jpg
3 MB, 3127x3439
>>17110036
I constantly and habitually try to refrain from any interaction in social situations. I try to avoid them out habit and fear of not performing well in them. When I do speak to other people I always, always, have difficulty thinking of what to say, even for simple topics. I want to meet more people and get better at talking, but that first part really gets in the way. I've never really had friends before, and I've only regularly had conversations more than a few minutes long with one person for the past few months.

This a bit long, but how do I overcome my fear and lack of experience with talking to people and making friends? It's really starting to affect my mental health
>>
>>17110299

I'm smoker and I smoke 2 packs a day. I did experiment and manged to stop completely for 4 months after smoking 9 years without brake.

Most important is will and desire to change our habits so you have to constantly motivate your self and tell your self over and over why you are sacrificing these habits. It is all about switching those habits that bother you.

For example if you have trouble losing weight maybe it is good idea to create new habit like training something and changing your diet then even if you eat a lot you won't gain.

We are all different so I advise you to sit and think about it and devise your plan of action and don't bring your self down(too much) if you give in to addiction as long you are confided that you will keep trying to stop.

I believe that some vices are not worth letting go if there is nothing better to replace that joy.
>>
File: 1460619522442.jpg (16 KB, 300x420) Image search: [Google]
1460619522442.jpg
16 KB, 300x420
>>17110036
I'm almost 19.
Should I be less loyal to romantic partners? This is how I am and it's gotten me badly hurt several times. I'm wondering if I should change who I am or if I should do what romance books suggest and 'be who I am' and shit.

Hope you enjoy the pic
>>
Have free cool picture
>>
>>17110333
I understand.

I decided to tell my friend who likes to play/mess with girls around him to distract her from me as much as possible or keep me distracted by playing video games, exercise, talking etc. It might work might not but I feel it's a good option to get her away from me.
>>
>>17110337
You didn't mention all that
>>
File: 1455331658476.jpg (109 KB, 677x960) Image search: [Google]
1455331658476.jpg
109 KB, 677x960
>>17110347
Some serious advice man. I like it. I've been told numerous times to move on. And it is really hard when they are on your back 24/7. But I see what you are saying when trying to avoid them. I like your way of thinking. Have a pic
>>
>>17110424
Nope, I didn't. It's there now, though. Sorry, it just kinda seemed like your advice was geared towards the question of "How do I keep my relationship afloat?" which wasn't really what I was asking. I posted that to clarify things.

I just feel kind of needy and shitty sometimes and wish it would stop.
>>
>>17110303

What you experience is normal and it indicated that your emotional needs are not satisfied and maybe not secure in that relationship in this moment. I don't want to scare you but maybe this looks to you like she is distancing or something and that could be true.
I can ramble about it all day and still it won't matter.

Key for any relationship is communication and you should be able to talk to her about it just as like you would like her to tell you same
if she felt that way. Most relationship fail because they lack this kind of communication. Being with someone means to open up to them all of you just as you expect same in return.

Getting busy is not a solution but escape from problem.
>>
>>17110431
Then I really don't know what to tell you other than to have some patience. Things will look up.
>>
>>17110391
You are a smoker?

I thought you were a cat.
>>
>>17110430

Best way to move on is to make sure you exhausted all possibilities and to know you tried everything if you leave those "what ifs" it is way harder to move on and you can even bring your self down for not doing something more when this person is constantly around you.

at least that is how I would deal with it

Thanks
>>
>>17110438
Thanks, AdviceCat. I'll think on that.

We normally talk about anything and everything, so I just want to be understanding when she's tired. We still jam in the morning before she leaves, but she doesn't usually have much time. Then there's her days off, which are great.

I'll admit I'm not 100% secure about it, but I'd say I'm pretty high up there. I've been really low in the past, but right now I don't have any worries about the relationship coming to an end. It's been so long and every time I've been irrationally scared of her leaving, she just needed some space.

Girl's like a cat. Sometimes you just have to leave the food bowl out and let her do her. I'm comfortable with that.

I guess you're right and I'm not completely satisfied with this, but I have been in the past. Recently, too. I don't expect to be happy 100% of the time, though. That's just unrealistic.

You're also 100% right about getting busy. It is just avoiding the problem, but I don't know how to fix it. Also, as this anon said.

>>17110441
It'll just blow over eventually. She'll either get used to her new hours or I'll get used to her being so busy. I think talking about it's helped some, anyways.

Thanks again, and real talk; I appreciate that you're going through all these in order, even if it can take a while. You're dedicated, and I'm sure everyone digs that.
>>
>>17110328

You can't force it if you are not content with speaking to little right now then you will never be. I guess you would like to talk more and
better engage with people because only then you will be able to truly use it to your advantage as you say.

Not talking enough can show to people that you are disinterested in them even if that is not true. When we talk there is very little time
to think about it since it mostly happens just like thoughts do. It can be advantage but it can be huge disadvantage if you need to talk
but you can. So it is best to grab from both worlds and apply in situations that you see will work best.

I advise to learn about many different subjects so you can talk about anything. So instead of being quite ask question by doing that you
get to be quite and show interest.

No one likes person form whom you have to pull words from their throat.
>>
>>17110369

I have dealt with many people that have this exact issue and what I noticed is that they are creators of this blockage.
You see when you speak to people you shouldn't be thinking a lot what you are going to say because if you do then
you stutter by constantly switching between talking and thinking.

So you pay more attention to how you are going to be perceived then staying on topic of conversation and enjoying the moment.

Only way to overcome this is to remove those shackles and keep engaging with people and it will get easier and better with time. Talk about your passions and learn a lot about many different subject(those will pop up in conversation unconsciously).
Learn to really listen to people and engage in way you would like other to talk to you.

Yeah all of that can affect your mental health and it is awesome that you recognize it.
Making friends is hard and it is far from simple but just by hanging with people that you don't want to
be friends with you can meet others who could become. Don't shy away from people if you find someone
who seems cool call them out for coffee or something and see how person reciprocates(calls you next time etc)

Work on your confidence it is important realize how good you are and not bring your self down with reason that don't
have anchor in reality but sits only in your head for some dumb reason. Approach these things lightly and with a smile
will go long way to achieve what you want and trust me you can with so little effort.

I can help you a lot so if you want more drop me a mail: [email protected]
>>
Is it normal to miss someone intensely? My lover was here 3 days ago and I already miss him so much I want to cry. Is there something wrong with me or is that just how love is?
>>
File: 040.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
040.png
1 MB, 640x1136
>>17110556
I guess I do judge people too much, and I do always try to react by only engaging in social situations which I think are favorable or "good" for me. Thanks for the advice, cat on the internet. Have a picture of my doggo
>>
>>17110560
Forgot my cool pic.
>>
>>17110395

No you should be loyal if you don't want to hurt other person. There is no reason in trying to be less loyal since you will do what is done to you. Do you want to become what you hate ?

Stay true even if it hurts since you will feel good about your self while other who do hurt you in such way will be haunted for years for their actions.

Don't fix what is not broken you were never at fault listen to romance books. If you just want fun there is no need
to enter into serious relationship all of that stupidity can be avoided.

If other bathe in shit doesn't mean you have to do it as well...
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>>17110449

I'm thumb cat

>>17110560

It is normal that is how love/infatuation etc is. We form bonds(mentally and biochemically) and then we just want to see them and be with them as much as possible.

Even cat like me right now would die for one person to be next to me.
>>
File: hesblack.png (122 KB, 719x253) Image search: [Google]
hesblack.png
122 KB, 719x253
I met this girl online. We play video games, voice chat, and video chat.

The problem is... I'm fucking enamored with her. Her personality is amazing. We are always excited to talk to eachother, and it's not even like a sex appeal thing -- It's more like I'm talking to the coolest fucking person ever, and I never want to stop.

The problem is I live in Indiana she's in Cali.

I don't know how this happened to me. I don't really know what to do or how to stop thinking about it. I go for most the day just wondering when we'll get to speak again, and even the little life updates she gives me over text are exciting.

What's wrong with me op, it's like having a first crush again.
>>
File: 1460706516728.jpg (270 KB, 1280x891) Image search: [Google]
1460706516728.jpg
270 KB, 1280x891
I'm thinking about getting a second cat and I don't know if I should get male or a female. My current cat is a male and I don't know if getting another male cat or pairing a male and female together will cause problems. He's already been neutered and I plan to make sure the second cat has his/her stuff deal with as well so there shouldn't be any problems connected with that. Will it even matter that much? Am I just overthinking how they'll treat each other?

Sorry if this is better off on /an/ but you're a cat and I figured now would be a good time since I can't think of anyone more qualified to answer this.
>>
>>17110644

You are in love dude enjoy it there is nothing wrong with you. Usually when people meet like that you move to meeting them so look forward for that later on. I would go step further and tell her how much you appreciate spending time with her.
>>
>>17110670

This is very tricky cats can be very territorial and if their living space is compromised it can make
you cat very sad and distressed. People forget that cats are very different then other animals and socialize in different way then we are used to. So if cats don't like each other they can avoid each other but in house that is a problem.

I would advise caution here. Bring in other cat and pay attention but be ready to get rid of other cat
if things go south.

This is my last question for now.
>>
File: help me.jpg (32 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
help me.jpg
32 KB, 500x375
>>17110036
>21 m
>know best friend since kindergarten
>had crush on his sister for like 7 years now
>she's 18 finishing high school
>get drunk and confess my feelings on thanksgiving
>she's into it
>we flirt over text/snapchat for a few weeks
>take her on a date over winter break
>i think things are going super well
>she's laughing at my jokes and everything like always
>ask her on a second date
>totally ignores me
>won't make eye contact with me
>haven't heard from her in months now

I can't stress enough that I had like every single blessing and green light that the universe could've given me here, and I still managed to fuck things up. I sent her a message about a TV show that she got me into a few weeks ago, and she looked at it but never responded. I'm going to see her eventually, because I'm at her house very regularly to chill with her older brother, my best friend.

What should I do?
>>
>>17110695
There's no way man. I'm a college student with another year to go, plus I have a high paying internship in state this summer. I'm early twenties, she's late twenties. The physical distance is huge.

Not to mention I haven't even met her physically unless you count video chat in some weird way.

It's definitely some sort of infatuation, and I really can't help myself. It just feels like a slap in the face from the universe. I can't help but smile and laugh on the outside, but on the inside I'm dying because I know it won't last between us.

I guess that's the beauty of life.
>>
>>17110311
Not OP, but I think it might help you to think of them as being totally uninterested in you romantically. Like, I normally find that it's way easier for me to be myself around a buddy's girlfriend or something, because I'm not trying to impress her. The obvious irony is that, when I'm being myself, I'm a lot more likable to strangers. Just find some way to remove that mental pressure you create for yourself and you're golden. If you figure it out, please report back to /adv/. I still don't know what to do myself ;-;
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.