[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you know if your bipolar? Also if you are bipolar can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5
File: 1.jpg (42 KB, 778x675) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
42 KB, 778x675
How do you know if your bipolar? Also if you are bipolar can you tell me your experience? Thanks have a great day!
>>
ginga
>>
>How do you know if your bipolar?
Have you had any of the symptoms of mania or hypomania?
>>
is that the actual size of saturn relative to earth?

because holy fuck
>>
File: 3953.gif (2 MB, 240x220) Image search: [Google]
3953.gif
2 MB, 240x220
You feel like you want to kill yourself every day for 3-6 months. Then one day you wake up full of energy and wanting to get everything done. You don't sleep for more than a few hours and you are super on-track with everything. Then after about 3 weeks you feel like you want to kill yourself every second of every day again.

Lithium is a godsend.
>>
>>17110527
Thos describes me but replace wanting to kill myself with wanting to stay in bed/at home all day

D-do i get diagnosed profesionally now? Would it even help?

Im in Canada if it matters
>>
File: 1.jpg (76 KB, 600x452) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
76 KB, 600x452
>>17110500
Well a month ago I felt like killing myself for two days. On the third day I felt so happy I cried because I felt so full of happiness and energy. Then back and forth.
>>
>>17110527
Thanks for the response. I've never taken any drugs for bipolar disorder but if you say so
>>
File: 1389592786514.jpg (66 KB, 1020x1020) Image search: [Google]
1389592786514.jpg
66 KB, 1020x1020
>>17109978

>How do you know if your bipolar?

If you go to a doctor and get diagnosed as bipolar.

Don't diagnose yourself.

There are several different kinds of bipolar disorder; bipolar I, bipolar II, cyclothymic disorder, mixed bipolar, rapid-cycling bipolar disorder, and you nor anyone here has the training or experience to tell the difference between any of them.

See a doctor. Thats what they're for.
>>
File: 1461889120898.jpg (121 KB, 960x506) Image search: [Google]
1461889120898.jpg
121 KB, 960x506
>>17109978
Diagnosed here, been off meds for 3 years maybe almost 4. I will say I totally need meds, my mood swings are intense. Today I cried for a majority of the day and only ingested 800 calories. Some days I feel excessive energy and I feel jittery. Some days, like today, I want to kill myself. I go through periods where I self harm, then periods where I don't self harm.

It is a miserable existence, I would not wish this upon anyone. I also have depression though, so my "downs" are extremely low. The "ups", or mania, are pretty intense when they happen though-- I'm talking 12am fully awake talking to myself loudly and fast.

I stopped taking meds because I didn't want any harmful chems in my body, which wasn't necessarily the smartest decision I've made. Maybe I'll go back on meds some day.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.