[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should you really trust your gut, /adv/? I have a feeling that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1461542059229.jpg (37 KB, 470x347) Image search: [Google]
1461542059229.jpg
37 KB, 470x347
Should you really trust your gut, /adv/?

I have a feeling that my partner is lying to me consistently based on the fact that I have been lied to in many past relationships and am pretty good at picking it up by now, but it also might just be me being paranoid.
>>
>>17109911
>I have been lied to in many past relationships

Why is that, anon?
>>
>>17109917
I'm pretty naive and have been unlucky in the last ones (3) that i've had.
The first one was a compulsive liar and the last two cheated.
>>
>>17109911
Are they doing something in particular to make you think this?
>>
>>17109942
Small inconsistencies and slip-ups that are hastily covered up.
>>
>>17109946
Like? Sometimes we will be paranoid and make something worse than what it is.
>>
>>17109946
Like what? Sometimes our paranoia turns nothing into something huge.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 600x191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 600x191
Well you should trust your gut in situations where logic does no good. It takes time and wisdom to know which is best in what amount in any given situation.

What would your partner lie to you about?
>>
>>17109946
I think it's fair to say that a liar is proven by huge inconsistencies, not small ones. Look for something significant and documented.
>>
>>17109911
If you can't trust your partner implicitly, you shouldn't really be in a relationship, anon.
>>
As someone whose past partners have lied to them, if you go looking for dishonesty, you'll find it. It may or may not actually exist, but anything and everything starts to seem like lies when you're in the mindset of catching them in a lie. This current person is not your ex.

How'd you know the people in your past relationships were lying?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.