[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 26 too late to go to university?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1384736422008.png (131 KB, 288x339) Image search: [Google]
1384736422008.png
131 KB, 288x339
Is 26 too late to go to university?
>>
If I told you it was, would it change your decision to go?
>>
>>17109882
does your life end at 30?
how much do you want to go?
did you fell for the ¨be young forever¨ propaganda?
do you think someone cannot learn after 20?
will it make you happier?

I think you need to speak with yourself OP
happiness is not about what others will think about you

happiness is something you learn to feel by yourself
>>
>>17109882
>What is a mature student
No age is too late to go, the only concern is finances.
>>
>>17109882
I went back at 24.
>>
>>17109882
Of course not. People matriculate at all sorts of ages. Many professors actually prefer older students.
>>
>>17109882
Yes
>>
>>17109882
If it's a long program and you have no ties to get into the industry you want to break into, throwing debt on your back in the later years is more risky. Education doesn't guarantee a job so just be careful.
>>
Never too late.
>>
>>17109882
I have many students in my 100-level online courses who are over the age of 40. It's never too late.

Just be sure that university is right for you. What are your goals? Feel free to talk to me about it; I'm a prof. and I have told several of my students that it's in their best interest to drop out because the uni system was not going to benefit them.
>>
>>17110176
Not him, but I'm the same age and have been back for three semesters. The first semester I got straight A's in my four courses, but the last two I've taken three classes a semester and failed half. I don't know if it's because of my job that I don't have the energy, feel depressed, and don't want to do anything, or if I don't care enough. I want to quit and become a full time student surviving off of loans. Is that a bad idea?
>>
>>17110188
Again, what are your goals? What is your major and what do you think that degree is going to provide for you? Idk I might make a thread just for ask your professor anything.
>>
Monitoring this thread.
>>
>>17110188
How many semesters would you have left if you went full time?
>>
>>17109882
I'm 28 and I'm about to finish my 2nd semester. Half the people at school are 30+ and don't give a fuck. There's a lady who's been in the same industry for 30 years and decided to go become an electrical engineer, she's creeping up on 60. It's never too late to make something of yourself, and 26 just means that you should have got most of the fucking off out of your system and you're ready to get down to business.
>>
Start at a community college to see if it's for you. It's cheaper and easier than going straight to the university, and you may even find an AS level program that can get you a job you'd like without going to far into debt, and financial aid will cover most of your tuition, you just need books and a parking pass to get started.
>>
No I go to a university and there's a bunch of 45+ year old fucks in my technical major (ECE) who are noticeably slower but still kick my ass through sheer willpower.
>>
>>17109882
I'm in my 3rd year of college at 28.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.