[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dad commited suicide in the night of saturday to sunday. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1448153918243.jpg (100 KB, 462x693) Image search: [Google]
1448153918243.jpg
100 KB, 462x693
Dad commited suicide in the night of saturday to sunday. The last text message I have of him is about how he bought train tickets to go see me on friday.
I feel sad, yes, but, I have no idea why, I don't cry. I barely cry. Why ? Is it normal not to cry when someone close to you is deceased ? Is it because I'm an autistic psychopath ?
>>
>>17109769
it hasnt hit you yet. my dad was the same when his mum died, he suddenly broke down one day.
>>
>>17109769
It'll take awhilr for it to sink in. You're in denial, most likely
>>
>>17109769

Grief is sometimes very delayed.

When my best friend died I only cried the day before the funeral, three weeks after I found out he died. I was talking to another friend about the stupid nickname I had for him and just broke the fuck down. Even at the funeral when everyone else was crying I was fine.

You'll deal with this in your own way and on your own terms.
>>
>>17109769
Like the other anons have said, it'll take time to hit. Something small in the next few weeks will open the floodgates.

When my great grandmother passed away (we have a very close family and out birthdays were only two days apart) I felt nothing. I even went and did 2 exams at uni. The next day I met with friends like nothing had happened. Nothing during the funeral either. Until I saw my mother outside, she told me it was ok to be upset.
I cried like a baby.
>>
>>17109772
This. It's just going to hit you like a bus one day. Even reading glasses your post op I got choaked up I won't even lie, can you go into detail at all about anything? If not that's cool I'm just curious.
>>
>>17109769
huh, I must be unique. I never cried or had grief after my dad offed himself; not months later and not today, something like 8 years later. I think I was like 12 at the time

That's the way I am about most personal things though
you're probably in denial though as other people said since it's so recent.
>>
>>17109769
>Is it normal not to cry when someone close to you is deceased ?
I'm sorry for your loss.

Your reaction is not stereotypical, but it hasn't even been a week yet; this is well within the bounds of normality. It could be anything from denial to delayed reaction, or it could be crisis-mode taking over. Or maybe this just isn't how you grieve. Some people just don't.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just make sure you let yourself grieve in whatever way works for you. If you're worried, talk to a grief counselor; they specialize in this kind of thing.
>>
>>17109769
The same thing happened when my friend commited suicide. It was so unreal to me that I couldn't process it until I talked to my school counselor, and at that point I just broke down. All it means is that you're still in the denial phase.
>>
You're probably just in shock and denial. It hasn't hit you yet that he's really gone. And you don't want it to because if it does then you'll be sad. If you don't want it to occur to you that he passed away, then it won't. If you do want it to occur to you, then just think of all the good stuff about your dad and then it'll bring flash backs and stuff. Idk try it. Sorry about your dad btw
>>
>>17109769
It hasn't sunk in that he's really gone yet.
Different people grieve in different ways, sorry for your loss OP.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.