[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have been in a relationship for year and a half. Three months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1451098039570.jpg (24 KB, 282x400) Image search: [Google]
1451098039570.jpg
24 KB, 282x400
Have been in a relationship for year and a half.
Three months I was awfully down in the dumps because a variety of factors that don't really need going in to because that's just making an excuse for my poor behavior. I grew complacent with my partner which led her to feel neglected, unloved, and insecure in us; so we split for the time being until she's ready to try again.
I have no idea where I stand. She told me there's a chance we get back together but she's scared to try again that I will act like that so the chance isn't very high. From what my mutual friend told me, she says I'm stubborn and have a tendency to be self-absorbed.
Fair enough, right?
I'm just extremely confused. If she says the chance isn't high and that we should probably move on, I don't know why we text and talk every single day still. She hasn't let me see her in one month. I don't know this for a fact but I am nearly 90% positive there's nobody else in her life right now from a romantic standpoint.
>>
Another factor that adds to the confusion is that she hasn't deleted a giant YouTube playlist we made of songs that always make us think of "us". Though it's been nearly a quarter of a year since we split. I figured if she was going to delete it, she would have by now. She still listens to it every now and then. We reminiscence on the extremely good times we had together.
I really do want to get back together with her for a lot of reasons. She stresses I need to wait for her to come to me when she's ready but I'm beginning to grow weary since there's no set schedule of trying again...which lends itself to her saying I'm stubborn and self-absorbed since I don't seem to be able to be patient for her to attempt to forgive me.
It wouldn't be hard to just hook up with someone else since I'm technically single. Though I feel if I do that I'd just feel bad about myself and as luck would have it the day after I would do that she'd decide we can try again.
Should I move on? Can someone talk some sense in to me?
Addendum: To add to the hilarity of confusion she's been reiterating that she's a hopeless romantic and stories/poem/movies/ideas for the above she's told me to read/watch/etc have all included themes of a couple reuniting after time apart and grandiose romantic gestures
>>
>>17108982

Ya move on. She is using you. She enjoys the attention and time you spend with her but she doesn't want you as her boyfriend. Mentally you are out of her romantic life and so at best you are friendzoned.

Have some self respect and end the text messages anon. It gives you nothing but regret and weariness.
>>
>>17108991
That's awfully cynical. I doubt they're the high school age where that sort of stuff applies
>>
>>17109212

You asked for advice and you got the truth but now you don't want to hear the truth. You yourself said you were getting tired of her shit of her stringing her along. Start valuing your time and don't be held hostage of a situation by another individual. She has all the power in this situation, not you.
>>
>>17109271
That wasn't me
>>
>>17109280

I don't give a flying fuck who it is, the advice still applies.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.