[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military dating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 960x640
Hey /adv/ I'm a senior in high school, 8 months ago I enlisted in the Navy and recently started dating this cute girl. I ship out in 3 months and when I broke it to her, she decided to break up but stay friends. Which is cool since we're "friends with benefits." I was wondering if I could get advice on dating in the military, dating military personnel, etc. Thanks.
>>
my advice to you would be to not date people on your ship, sometimes a ship feels like highschool all over again with how much fucking gossip there can be, its also against the rules so if the higher ups find out (which they will) you can get in trouble for it. Kind of the problem with the navy is that its no good for relationships since if you have a gf back home you're gonna be away from her for long periods of time. You're better off trying to go for the sailor's dream, which is to say a girl in every port.

what rate btw?
>>
For home bases/barracks/ports, it's almost like a normal workplace. You shit where you eat, you deal with it accordingly. But being deployed to the field or on a ship? Even if it's going well, you'll still be the target of jokes and such. If it does fail, then you're in for one hell of a fucking ride. As >>17108116 said, it's like a highschool.

My advice - date someone outside your unit or service or a civilian.
>>
>>17107971
Not OP, but...

does anyone know how harsh the drug testing is with Navy?
>>
>>17108126
I got drug tested when I first started then about a dozen times over the course of my deployment. If you're a drug addict then don't join the fucking military.
>>
>>17108126
I don't know how Americans do it, as I'm an Ausfag, but here it is treated the same across all services. Zero tolerance of illicit drugs. You will be more than likely kicked out.

It's not worth throwing your career away.
>>
>>17108116
My rate is AIRC/ATF, there's little info on it. Scored a 64 on my ASVAB and was good to go on all my medical shit
>>
>>17108126
The testing I was out through was pretty extensive: breathalyzer, blood, and urine. Also there's the Zero Tolerance policy which is pretty strict, get caught using any drugs (aside from alcohol) and you get discharged.
>>
>>17107971
Idk if its too late but I dated the same chick ling distance my entire 5 years and am still together, just make sure you picked a girl that has a clear goal in life and doesnt have a hard time discussing your long term future together. Dont date long distance unless you can honestly tell yourself they are your life partner. I am also lucky and grateful her family is so great that I know she can look to them for support if I wasnt there, goodlucm mang
>>
>>17107971
>Idk if its too late but I dated the same chick ling distance my entire 5 years and am still together, just make sure you picked a girl that has a clear goal in life and doesnt mind you pounding other sailors in the ass while you're away at sea.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
>>17108435
She doesn't want to go through a long distance relationship, she cries when we talk it and in turn it makes me sad too. People tell me that since I'll have no baggage when in the navy, the women will go fucking crazy over me.
>Never had sex
>No financial problems
>No medical issues
>Good grades
>>
>>17107971
Former Air Force fag. May be a different experience than Navy, but my 2 cents:

Don't, just fucking don't. Have as many FWB benefits as you like, fuck as many girls as you want, and ALWAYS use protection and contraceptives. Military women are sloots of the worse degree. You know those stories your grandpa has of how he banged 1 or 2 girls overseas during his 4 year tour? Military women are 10x as bad. IDK what you went into, but if your tech school is 3+ months, you can guarantee that just about every girl will have 3+ partners under her belt. The amount of cheating, offs and ons, and general slimy, slooty behavior is through the roof. I remember during my 6 month tech school there was 1 girl who bagned like 4 dudes, got married, got divorced, and banged 1 or 2 more dudes before she graduated. I don't mean to sound like /r9k/, but I fucking hate most military women with a passion. Either date civilians when you get the chance, or accept the fact that for the next 4-6 years of your life are just going to be casual sex.
>>
>>17108123
I've heard women at port are like succubuses, they fuck you, marry you, divorce you and take everything. Heard that from a marine so I'm not sure if that still holds up.
>>
>>17108126
Just lie. Unless you have a polygraph test, say you didn't do it. I had a Top Secret clearance in Intel. I drank underage, smoked weed in college, and so on, said I didn't do it, and they never found out. Just make sure that if/when they send people to talk to people you grew up with that they are smart enough to keep their mouths shut
>>
>>17108559
Thanks for the bluntness, anon, I don't get that very often in regards to the military. My rate has a 6 month schooling program of learning to be an AirCrewman BTW. I'm totally fine with having FWB, but I feel like that'll eventually get boring since I plan on doing the full 20 retirement. Would you say it's better to find a civvie QT at port or outside the military entirely?
>>
>>17108571
First off, I apologize in advance for sounding like a dick but...

>20 till I retire
Believe me, I met plenty of people during my 4 years who said they would do the full 20. After we left and went our separate ways I'd ask if they'd still want to do the 20. They would usually respond will a blunt, "FUCK NO". Honestly, BMT will probably be 1 of your best memories in the military because it was when you actually DID something and felt accomplished that you did it. Afterwards it becomes a boring and tedious cycle that can make you run away with a trail of fire blazing behind you.

Anyways, regarding settling down, yes, I absolutely recommend a civ gf or better yet away from any type of military family setting. 1 thing you will notice is that military families usually end up being the most fake people you will ever meet in the military. Civilians generally hold much more variety in personality and interests as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 600x715) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 600x715
>>17108590
No biggie, anon, It's a plan to strive for since I hate college and general civilian life. I want the brotherhood mentality, the high seas, the fun adventures and propaganda-esque shit they feed all of us from day one. Most people in my family served the full 20 and REALLY push me to do it. Regarding the civvie dating: I'm pretty bad at talking to girls and shit. Is it true that there's a ton of women that are attracted to the whole military, professional bullshit and hang around at port?
>>
>>17108616
Eh....

Kinda. But most of those girls are either sloots looking to bag Uncle Sam under the types of dicks they have fucked or are on the right-wing. Like future Rush Limbaugh listeners. Otherwise, use sloots to practice making yourself appear like a modest human being
>>
KYS OP
>>
>>17108536
>She doesn't want to go through a long distance relationship, she cries when we talk it and in turn it makes me sad too
end it before you ship out on decently good terms, I'm sorry but this is the best option for both of you

I remember when I graduated high school and joined the navy I had a "last date" with my gf which helped.
>>
>>17108616
>Most people in my family served the full 20 and REALLY push me to do it
have you ever thought about doing 4 years then using your GI bill to go to college and doing NROTC or OCS? Imagine how proud that would make your family.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.