[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I talk to this person at my work? She invited me to go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image_11.jpg (39 KB, 640x470) Image search: [Google]
image_11.jpg
39 KB, 640x470
How do I talk to this person at my work? She invited me to go to the gym with her, and she asked me to stay after my shift to talk to her because I'm the pal. Am I being palzoned?
>>
>>17107708

Your question is "How do I know if she likes me or not". You're already talking to her...

Give other people more details.
>>
The fact that she invited you somewhere shows that she's at least somewhat interested in you. The fact that she asked you to talk to her shows that she enjoys your company. I wouldn't focus too much on the word "pal."

So, how do you talk to her? Just continue to do you -- it seems to be working already. Maybe show a little initiative with physical contact so she knows that you want more than friendship. Ask her out then invite her back to your place to drink or smoke weed or whatever you enjoy.
>>
>>17107717
Well, she initially asked if I had Snapchat, and I said yes and got her number as well. Texted her the first night and she did a lot of smiley faces and everything, but the next day she kept one lining me so I stopped texting.

She complained to me about a previous coworker who would hit on her and who would come in on morphine.

I don't know if it's much, but I saw her smile when she saw me at work the other day.

I was planning to quit so I told her I was planning to leave soon, and she said I'm not allowed to.
>>
>>17107731
Would meth also work?
>>
>>17107733

From what you've said it sounds like she likes you. Just go out with her if she's asked you and if not then ask her for something casual like "What are you doing ____ wanna go and do _____" easy. Don't have to say anything
>>
You don't know her that well, your planning to quit. Just ask her if she would like to go to dinner sometime and if she says no, just don't talk to her anymore
>>
>>17107759
I've known her for a bit but just now have we been starting to talk. I never put in an effort before, but she has talked to me first initially all the time.
>>
>>17107774
So ask her on a date, you were thinking about quitting anyway. If you don't make a move soon you'll end up in the "best buddy" friend zone where you'll talk like this

"why guys are such dicks!!!!"
>"not all of them are dicks.........."
"Haha yea"

Don't fuck yourself over OP, just ask her on a date and move on. A bet a bunch of guys have been in the same situation as you with her. She's probably use to it, so it wouldn't be weird to ask her that.
>>
>>17107755
It's unfortunate because I work a lot, whereas she only works 2 days, sometimes 3. She's very busy from things she tells me about, but she does want me to go to the gym with her during the summer. She told me about how the previous coworker hit on her by telling her that her ass looked nice in her work outfit and how that made her uncomfortable. So I know if I were to flirt, I know I wouldn't be the douche.

What I didn't know about, is that when I first texted her, she did a bunch of smiley faces, but the second day, she just did one line messages, so I stopped texting back. I don't want to be the annoying guy and I definitely don't want to be how my coworker was.

I offered to pay for the gym membership since she said she could drive both of us, but she said not to worry about it, so I told her I'd buy her food then.
>>
>>17107783
I need to, I know. I was originally going to wait until we started going to the gym to ask her anywhere, but we'd be going in the summer. I don't want to lose anything by then, so I might have to ask earlier. A problem is that she is very busy with schooling and sports, hence the reason she doesn't work too often. I fear rejection and it's one of the reasons I've never made an effort.
>>
>>17107795
Rejection is a normal thing, look at it this way OP, you like her, that we have established. Now it all depends on when you WILL ask her on a date. If you wait longer, you will get sucked in. You will make her part of your daily life, you will depend on her, and when you do consider asking her out, the fear of rejection will be so terrifying you won't do it because you like her to much and you depend on her, BUT if you ask her out sooner, then the fear of rejection will be a simple small fear. If she says no you won't care that long, you'll move on, she'll move on. It will be okay, and if she says yes which it sounds like she would, then you got yourself a date Mr

Sounds like she likes you, you haven't known her long enough to be in the friend zone so her asking you to the Gym is a big plus, don't ruin it. Show her your a man and you need a woman of high stature to carry your many babies, make her feel like she barely qualifies. Don't be a dick though, when she is talking to you just casually look around like you're bored then meet her gaze, smile and charm her with some nods. Play hard to get but chase after her, this confusion will keep her up at night wondering, but do all of this quickly in the span of a few weeks. Don't let her lose interest, hurry up man. Your date is a ticking clock
>>
>>17107816
That helps a lot, actually.

How would I ask her on a date? We are both relatively young, so going to dinner seems a bit unethical. I plan to reduce my hours at work, so I'll have more free time.

It makes me wonder. We tease each other a lot and she'll always push me or flick at me. I don't know if it's flirting, but at least we can joke together.

I just don't want to get the wrong idea from everything and be a beta 4chan fag who she is trying to be nice to because she thinks I never get it.
>>
>>17107833
Dude she definitely likes you, by flicking you she is breaking the touch barrier, I know it sounds stupid but girls give of signs they like you by simple stuff like that. Before you ask her out, find a time she is free and just simply ask her "Hey, so if your not doing anything would you like to go on a date?" It doesn't have to be dinner but going to dinner might let her know your a classy guy BUT, there are other places such as

A picnic at the park

A movie (fun, but a little 15 year old ish)

Going someplace like a quiet coffee shop to have a conversation but some public scenery.

Going to the pool (relaxing but pretty damn risky)

These things are kinda generic but really anything is good so long as your spending time and you can show her what kinda guy you are. Where ever you do go don't just have a regular work conversation. Ask her good questions you normally wouldn't ask at work, maybe look up some proper date ethics. Oh and when you do ask her out if possible try wearing something red, it's a romance color that would boost your chances
>>
>>17107861
For asking the free time thing, I don't know. I don't want to force her to go on something because she is trying to be nice. I don't want to make it so she has to say yes. I was going to ask her for a day and if she was busy, see if she'd reschedule.

I want to be seen as respectful and not a desperate degenerate.

I also don't want to smother her.
>>
>>17107928
stop overthinking faggot
>>
girl here

she wants the dingle

are u gonna give it to her or shitpost on 4chan about how youre in an imaginary friendzone
>>
File: image.png (874 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
874 KB, 1334x750
>>17107928
Of course you don't want to smother her, don't ask her when she has free time, I mean when you find out she's free through a casual conversation, take her on a date. Just ask her out even if you think she's just being nice, you have to feel like your deserved, not have her feel bad for you. Sounds like she likes you, just do it
>>
>>17107944
Fuck me.

>>17107957
Shit post

>>17107962
Okay, thank you. I'll try to find the right time. What I meant by with smothering was texting her. I never know when to text someone. Like I said, first started texting her, she did a lot of smiley faces and talked, but second time just kept one lining me.
>>
>>17107983
>shit post
you have no idea what you are doing
>>
>>17107991
It was a question on what I would rather do
>>
I'm in a similar situation, except with a woman who's 9 years older than me. I had seen her around work here and there but she came to work in my area close to a year ago. We would exchange small talk until recently she started chatting me up and getting real close, then she'd tell me how young guys like older women. I know she's a kidder and likes to tease, but she only does it to people she likes. So I asked for her number and she says she can give it to me, but work gets busy and she never does. I let it go for a while and remind her, that time she says she'll think about it. Now it's the week after and everything is busy and she hasn't talked to me at all. I want to believe she isn't toying with me because I know she gets scatter brained when things get busy, but it's hard.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.