[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Journey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: d.jpg (18 KB, 254x180) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
18 KB, 254x180
Planning to go on a long journey far from the place where I couldn't find what I am looking for, in 20 years of my life.
I'll travel at first by train, then by foot, I'll probably run out of the little money I have in days or weeks.
I'll probably live and sleep in the streets, asking for charity and living with nothing but the essential.
I'm ready to pack up my bag.
What should I bring with me? I improvised a list, tell me what misses

Water & food
Clothes for the summer
Clothes for the winter
Blanket
Towel
Sponge
Toothbrush
Magnesium fire starter
Multi tool knife
Whistle
String hank
Band aids
Disinfectant
Climbing rope
carabiners
Maps
Id card nad passport

I am bringing no phone, so i can't be easily tracked
>>
>>17106161
Pepperspray
Pain medicine
>>
Okay your list is absurd. First of all where are you going, specifically? What are you looking for, specifically?

How long is your trip? Why can't you just save enough money to take a train/bus/ride all the way to the destination, why do you have to expect to beg for food and sleep in the street? That's so dangerous, people get killed and raped by nature and other homeless people all the time.

What are you doing?
>>
>it's a 'I have no idea what I'm doing with my life so I'm going to do something stupid' episode
>>
>>17106177
I don't know where i'm going and i don't now what i'm looking for, i know i'm not feeling good here so i'll try elsewhere, i don't see the problem.
I'm unemployed and i don't want to work right now, id'rather kill myself...or go on a journey.
How long? I can't tell, i'm still here how could i tell.

>>17106184
Yes it is exatly that kind of episode. what's so strange about it? Never felt like that? good for you sir, but you're not helping me.
>>
Be sure to include dog tags listing your next of kin, 'cause you're gonna die.
>>
>>17106177
Are you an idiot, he has no destination
>>
Maybe this will help

http://www.travelindependent.info/whattopack.htm
>>
>>17106291
Thanks a lot, i'll read it
>>
>>17106161
medicine, and a weapon should be added, a gun is a little too risky because of how the laws vary so much from state to state, I would bring a karambit because it is under six inches.
>>
>>17106161

How will you get water? You need at least a gallon per day to maintain good health, more if you plan to be walking for 8 hours a day and lots more if it's hot.

How will you get food? You can survive awhile with minimal food, but to maintain your body weight (and your health) while walking everywhere, you're going to want to consume between 2500-4000 kcal a day depending on your body size.

How will you stay warm? Hypothermia can set in even at deceptively high temperatures, and once it does it can very easily be fatal. You can't safely rely on only one method of fire-making, and you need to know how to find fuel and how to build and feed fires.

How will you stay dry? When rain and wind comes you're going to need a shelter. A blanket alone is not enough to protect you from the elements. Your gear will also get wet and possibly ruined if you have no protection. You need at least some ponchos and tarps with which to build a shelter and waterproof yourself and your stuff when it rains.

How will you stay clean? You have no toilet paper or soap in your pack. Filth accumulates quickly and leads to disease and failure.

How will stave off exhaustion? Walking for 8 hours every day with an overloaded pack and no destination in mind is a recipe for burnout. You need to have routes planned and destinations in mind, even if they are only vague. You can't just wander aimlessly around like a vagrant and expect to keep your motivation high. You need a place to go. Your pack also can't be too heavy - have you calculated its packed weight? Lugging 30+ lbs of gear day in and day out is going to get very tiring very quickly.

How will you stay safe? The world can be an exceedingly dangerous place, and without the skills and know how to recognize that danger you can very easily put yourself into a deadly situation. Especially while wandering in a place you've never been.
>>
>>17106467
Do you know how much is water in my country?
1 euro for 12 liters, it makes 8 cents per liter.

Maintaining body weight is nott on the list, I still can steal, or buy some fruits wich are also cheap. I know there are lots of desease due to malnutrition, but do you know how hard it is to starve?

Man, starting a fire, with a fire starter, i think i said everything.

I can protect myself under bridges or tunnels, but i'll include the poncho to the list, thanks.

You don't need anything else but water to stay essentially clean,you know that? Ok, better with some soap, i can get it. but toilet paper, seriously who needs that.

When i'll be tired i'll rest.

I'm not going to fight wolves and bears, i'll stay far from uncontaminated nature as much as i can. Also It'sillegal to carry weapons with you in my country, and you can only carry blades under 15 cm long.

>>17106409
that karambit looks a wesome.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.