[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I....not be be stupid? I don't know how to explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 550x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 550x429
How do I....not be be stupid? I don't know how to explain it. I have no common sense whatsoever, and I notice that most of the time I feel like my mind is "fogged" up. I got a near full scholarship to college and I keep up a 3.9-4.0 GPA. But anything outside of school I'm stupid at. People notice that I often forget/overlook the simplest details, and at my job my managers have to explain stuff at least twice to me before I understand how to do something. How do I gain some common sense/street smarts/whatever you call it?
>>
Through experience. Join a club, pick up a hobby, socialize. Bounce around and you'll naturally gain new interests, expanding your mind and making you more confident
>>
>>17106079
Relax, accept mistakes, keep making attempts despite error. School is important. So is life. You are fully capable do performing well in both.
>>
>>17106079
This is a legit question; I'm not trying to be offensive or anything; but do you think it's possible you have some undiagnosed autism or something along those lines? I'm going through the same thing you are and I've always suspected there was something wrong with my parents never got me checked out for. I'm slow, socially awkward, and feel like I have no common sense like you do. It might be worth thinking about, OP. Now that I've seen this post I might go get myself checked out..
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 600x191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 600x191
>>17107182
Here is one possibility OP. There are some conditions that could make you like this like social anxiety, depression, aspergers, ADHD or even bipolar disorder. I think anxiety is a pretty common culprit. It can make you worry in public to the point you zone out the rest of the world for what you're anxious about
>>
Join a legitimate Martial Arts school. Meet some cool people, learn focus and control, and have some fun.

Then pick up a hobby that requires attention to detail, like model making or tinkering with computers. Play memory games.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.