[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rejection 101 pls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: boy what.jpg (5 KB, 392x221) Image search: [Google]
boy what.jpg
5 KB, 392x221
Walk me through Rejection 101 adv

How does one reject someone who won't ever say shit upfront
>keeps saying "there'll be some other friends :)" but turns out that oops it's just us two
>fell for it once, gave him the benefit of doubt, same shit a second time
>turn down every Totally-Not-A-Date now
>he's already asked 4 times in these past 24 days
I'm honestly getting annoyed by this. Do I fucking have to make all the effort for him and go tell him that I reject the relationship that he doesn't even has the balls to actually ask about?
Friendzone is not an option since he apparently doesn't take a fucking hint and will keep asking forever.
>>
just give it to him straight.

"listen dude i don't want to be in a relationship with you. what don't you get about that."

stop giving hints and hit that jabroni with the truth.
>>
>>17105969
look, women are trained since childhood to be fucking meek and to worry about what happens to others

if you don´t like it, you need to say it. don´t laugh it like an idiot saying *ooohohoho sorry, I can´t*
fucking say

I´ve been meaning to tell you something
I´m interested in someone else or I don´t want to go out with you or something like that
>>
>Hey look, it's really obvious that you're trying to push our friendship into something else.
>While I appreciate the sentiment, I don't feel that way about you, and the things you're trying to do aren't changing my feelings for you either.
>Please don't invite me out to anymore of these dates, I'm not comfortable with them or with you lying to me about other people being there.

OP do you even want to remain friends with him? It kinda sounds like you don't.
>>
>>17105969
Yeah next time he asks you out just straight up tell him you are not interested, and you have no romantic feelings for him.

I wish all girls could do that desu.
No wonder why so many guys are so pushy to the point it's creepy, if girls would rather make up excuses than straight up say they're not interested.
Would save a lot of time for both girls and guys
>>
>>17105980
>>17105983
>>17105991
I hear you, and I have no problem rejecting people when Iactually have something to reject, but he's just trying to skirt around things

Honestly in my experience, asking someone out and rejecting someone are just as stressful and hard, and I'm getting fed up with him trying to get me to handle his feelings
>>
>>17106036
i understand, but if it's getting to the point that it's annoying you, you should tell him.
Don't be an ass about it, don't insult him, just explain him you're not interested. If he's not a retard, he'll get it.

If he doesn't get it after that, cut all contact with him.
>>
>>17105984
yeah anon, him trying to trick me into bearing the emotional weight of this shit situation has me kind of pissed off right now

>>17106045
well, seems I have no option but to do it all on my side, alright
would've honestly liked to keep him as a friend but I think it's best if I don't now

just to be sure, doing that over text/fb is a shitty move, right? should I just sit down next to him in/after class and start talking? or should I take the "I have something to tell you" route with the advantage of him being prepared but the disadvantage of him possibly misconstruing/avoiding the meeting?
>>
>>17106058
>him trying to trick me into bearing the emotional weight

Doesn't feel so good to take on the responsibility that the man is culturally expected to hold in a relationship, huh?

Don't get me wrong, dude is being a pussy shit about this, but I hope this situation gives you some empathy for what guys are expected to do.
>>
I fucking hate women.

How is this guy supposed to know you're not interested if you still go to his "non-dates", and give him bullshit "sorry I cant" answers? Just tell him you don't like him and move the fuck on

I'm triggered
>>
>>17106058
Lol just text him. You don't owe him anything. He will have to man up and not be a little bitch who fantasizes about his friends
>>
>>17105969
>Do I fucking have to make all the effort for him and go tell him that I reject the relationship that he doesn't even has the balls to actually ask about?
Yes.

>Friendzone is not an option
YES YES YES.
>>
>>17106086
>Lol just text him. You don't owe him anything.
She may not owe him anything, but I doubt that this guy is going to take the hint if she only uses a text.
>>
>>17106067
don't get rustled, that's not what this is about
the fact is that asking should be done equally by both sexes, as it is hard for both, and men should not be expected to bear that shit on their own (a relationship takes two yadda yadda)
This is specifically about him knowingly trying to make me worry in HIS place
If I don't confront things I'm a bitch, if I do I'm a bitch too and he'll get all defensive but in both case he doesn't take responsibility for his own damn feelings and tries to use a social loophole to be the victim, whether he does it knowingly or not

I'm tempted to do as >>17106086
says and just dump the shit on him but he's a cool guy and he probably doesn't consciously plot anything
god knows I'm pissed that I have to deal with this on my own when it should be a shared situation but I won't take it out on him
>>
>>17106134
>>17106086
Isn't it basic etiquette that dealing with important issues over text is kind of the shittiest possible move?
I'd personally rather have people tell me hard shit via text now and clearly, rather than them waiting for a Right Moment To Talk that never comes, but I know that dumping/rejecting someone over text makes someone eligible for death penalty according to girls in general
communication is hard tho so I personally understand if it's done respectfully (and if it isn't, at least the situation is clear and you know better than dealing with this person ever again)
>>
>>17106137
I mean he ambushed you with a romantic date before gauging interest. Hell, he could have just straight up asked you out. If he's asking you out constantly through text then why not dump it on him through text as well?
>>
>>17106152
damage control I guess? If the dude isn't ready to face his own damn feelings and aspirations I'd rather be as little hurtful as I can
i genuinely think he doesn't do it on purpose even tho it's shitty, again, he's cool, I have no reason to be extra spicy about something that will inevitably suck for him
>>
True, okay. I would see your reasoning. I wou;d probably be really tempted to ignore the situation until it went away. It sounds like he's a little dense in that regard. Maybe he will lose interest eventually? If he's infatuated with you then it might be tough to deal with
>>
>>17106149
this isn't an important issue. It's not a 3 year relationship you're ending over text, it's literally just rejecting some dude you're already kind of pissed at who can't take the hint.
>>
>>17106212
>>17106195
alright, then I'll just wait until he asks again and talk him through this shit either via text or IRL, depending on how wether asks via text or IRL
if he doesn't ask again we're good anyway

Thanks for the input adv!
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.