[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Supervisor heckled me in front of co-workers - what should I do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1443370295001.jpg (7 KB, 200x143) Image search: [Google]
1443370295001.jpg
7 KB, 200x143
>have lunch break but want to read a book
>coworkers and supervisor assemble around a table (we're all relatively new at this job including the supervisor)
>go down some stairs and sit in a chair, put my headphones in and read book for the duration of the break
>as I'm coming up the stairs I'm looking down at the ground and I have a tired expression
>wasnt supposed to be at work that day but manager made me come in when I came to check my schedule, worked a 12 hour shift the day prior so I was tired which is why I was less than energetic
>supervisor calls out "you're hot...you're awesome" in a loud sarcastic voice as I'm going up the stairs
>keep my head down and pick up my equipment and just say "Yeah..."
>get back to work

Should I speak to him about this? Was he implying that I thought I was better than everyone else by taking my breaks alone and not socializing? This is bullying, right?
>>
You should take it up like a little bitch and so far you're doing really great
>>
Just do a shitty job and steal something like employers that get routinely disrespected.
>>
>>17105953
I was doing a shitty job that day because I had worked a 12 hour over time shift, but during the first day that I worked with this supervisor I actually pulled out all the stops to help him when I saw he was having a hard time dealing with the stack of things he was supposed to do.
>>
>>17105940
You call that heckling?

Lol wow you kids are so fucking pussified!

Go take a mood stabilizer, untermensch.
>>
>>17105978
The point is that he openly insulted me in front of the other workers. It wasn't playful banter.
>>
>>17106012
Nothing you can do to the supervisor will change the perception your coworkers have of you. It sounds like you work with shitty people, or maybe people are misinterpreting your introversion. You should probably not be such a little bitch
>>
What the fuck... That is so rude. Find a new job.

I have quit so many jobs over shit like that, usually in the first three weeks the boss will show their actual personality, at which point I either stay or quit. I don't tolerate being spoken to like that, it's demeaning and I want to work for someone who treats me like a person.
>>
>>17105940
You could've asked for clarification on what he meant. He probably wouldn't had told you the truth, but it's worth a shot.

Also, start looking for a new job. Shitty bosses aren't worth the stress they'll put you through. Your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health will thank you later.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.