[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does a man make himself come across as potential marriage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1424293190627.jpg (144 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1424293190627.jpg
144 KB, 640x960
How does a man make himself come across as potential marriage material to women instead of just a potential fwb?

>Be 23
>Was until recently fucking/semi-dating a 31 year old for around 7 months
>She dumped me because she wants to start thinking about starting a family but feels I won't be ready any time soon

It really hurt, but I'm over it now and can see that this was probably for the best. Question is, how do I make myself come across as LDR/ future marriage material? I don't really enjoy sex unless there's emotional intimacy between us, and it seems that the only women that approach me are the type who wouldn't be interested in anything serious.
>>
What are your hobbies, what's your job

Also you're only 23, still have a few years to go before you should start thinking of this stuff
>>
>>17105883
You're 23, she was 31, thats too big an age difference for marriage and a family. If you want to get married, find someone within two or three years of your age.

I'm 35, I've been married for 11 years. My wife and I will sometimes fab women in their 20s, but its just fun. There isn't enough of a connection or enough in common to sustain a real relationship.
>>
>>17106299
What does fab mean?
>>
Dear OP.

Don't get married until you're 30. Don't marry someone who is 25% older than you.
Marry the same age or slightly younger.
Don't be the sole bread winner. Bitch better have a job. Insist on a prenup if you ever get married.

Otherwise, live your own life. Get fit. Be smart. Develop multiple sources of income, try to live debt free, know how to cook. Don't do it for some damp cunt. Do it for yourself.
>>
File: 1381897290816.jpg (65 KB, 360x358) Image search: [Google]
1381897290816.jpg
65 KB, 360x358
>>17105883

>How does a man make himself come across as potential marriage material to women instead of just a potential fwb?

Commit to an adult relationship. There's no such thing as "coming across" in relationships when you're a grown up. You talk, you communicate, you express fears, worries, hopes, dreams, etc.,

If you feel you can't be open and honest enough in a relationship to properly express your needs either you're in the wrong relationship or you've got some serious intimacy issues.

There are no tricks to ruffling your plumage and perfecting your mating call as a grown man. Nut up, find a woman you can't live without and commit to her. If it doesn't work out, pick yourself up and try again. Thats it.
>>
>>17106294
>What are your hobbies, what's your job

Languages (speak fluent Spanish, can get by in french and welsh while English is my mother tongue), climbing mountains, other boring shit not worth mentioning. Graduating in 2 months, got a full time job teaching English in Spain starting in august. I've taught English before during summer breaks.

>Also you're only 23, still have a few years to go before you should start thinking of this stuff

Wanted to be a dad all my life up to this point. I'm not saying I want to be married this time next year but I want to start dating seriously so I have more experience in relationships for when I meet someone suitable.
>>
>>17106303
Its what happens when autocorrect decides not to recognize fwb and I'm not paying close enough attention to notice.
>>
>>17106312
>can't live without

Worst plan ever. Be a man and don't do stupid things just to win the pussy game.

Find a woman who you'd be happy to live with because you see each other as capable individuals and even better partners. Don't compromise to fulfill some horseshit of "she completes me".
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.