[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Becoming successful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: darksideofthemoon cover.jpg (187 KB, 1987x1987) Image search: [Google]
darksideofthemoon cover.jpg
187 KB, 1987x1987
How do I become more successful? I'm pretty smart but can't study, sperg out in social occasions sometimes, can't get girls. I feel playing video games during my teen years fucked me over, now I don't study when I get home and just play games. Also sleep is fucked up...
>>
>>17105869
if you cant study, you wont be successful. you need to re-teach yourself to learn. as long as you are constantly learning, doesnt have to be book learning even social interaction etc you will be sucessfull
>>
I feel you dude. Is quitting video games an option for you? At least try to work out more and join one group activity that forces you to meet new people.
>>
>>17105891
Can you expand on this? I enjoy learning new things, but find myself unable to focus when I need to study school work, even though I'm interested In my subjects
>>
>>17105896
Of course it's an option, but it's so easy, and something that's become fairly central to my life (if it's raining, too late to go out etc can just play games all day/night). Also I try work out when I find the motivation, and find jogging and lifting to be really good
>>
>>17105869
you might have ADHD and music in the background may help you focus.
>>
>>17105904
I believe I might, I've always pinned the not being able to focus on anxiety (always thinking about other shit) but it has become apparent sometimes that adhd might be a possibility
>>
>>17105869
the video games arent helping you sleep can be fixed if you set a bed time and stick to it no matter what. then your body clock will readjust itself to this new time your body needs rest
>>
>>17105869
Trust me, videogames are hardly a problem. I play vidya daily since i was a kid. And i had plenty girlfriends, fine grades and i always do sports, even today. Just convince yourself to go running atleast one week without pause and it will grow on you
>>
>>17105869
>'m pretty smart but can't study, sperg out in social occasions sometimes, can't get girls. I feel playing video games during my teen years fucked me over, now I don't study when I get home and just play games. Also sleep is fucked up...
Kek, this probably describes 70% of the guys on 4chan, and 40% of the girls.
Got any specific problems?
>>
>>17105911
>>17105912
I will try get in a routine of this, I reckon I just need to keep trying. What sports do you play out of curiosity?
>>
>>17105918
It's like frustrating cause I can be alpha sometimes, can be funny can flirt etc, but I'm sorta held back by social anxiety. Does this still apply to everyone?
>>
>>17105930
motorsports.
>>
>>17105933
Applies to everyone with mild social anxiety issues.
It's pretty common, just don't let it get worse.
>>
I used to stay up until 3am playing vidya. Here is what you need:

>exercise: i'm a tall lanky fucker and find running a lot more rewarding than lifting, but they're both great. whatever your routine, exercise at LEAST 3x a week.

>sleep: set a bedtime and alarm time and stick to them. no electronics in bed and no sleeping in an extra four hours on weekends.

>vidya: I had to go cold turkey and delete everything, otherwise I would relapse. For some reason, quitting vidya really improved my social skills.

>read meditations by aurelius, i like the hays edition.
>>
Create a schedule, study during study time and play during play time. Sleep on a normal schedule, and avoid caffeine late in the day. Have a solid goal, then make short term goals to accomplish along the way.
>>
>>17105869
find a passion. somehow. it isnt easy. Make a routine. fight yourself if you have to but stick to it as much as possible. Take care of adult things. Slowly take on responsibility.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.