[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/. There's a girl that I've been very close
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 61e.jpg (96 KB, 800x891) Image search: [Google]
61e.jpg
96 KB, 800x891
Hey /adv/.

There's a girl that I've been very close friends with since high school, we went to prom together (as friends), and since we've been to college we've still been in close contact, texting every couple of weeks to update each other on what's been going on and helping each other through problems and sadness and stuff. In particular, she's been feeling really lonely, finding it hard to make friends and tfw no bf.

The thing is, I've had feelings for her for a long time, around the same time i asked her to prom in senior year, but I've never said anything since then for a couple of reasons:

1, I didn't know if she liked me back, and I was afraid to lose her as a friend by confessing and making things awkward

2, she's currently going to a college that is 300 miles away from mine

The semester is almost over and we're going to hang out a lot in our home town over the summer (she texted me just the other day talking about how once we're both home we have to do movie nights and stuff like that together and I agreed)

I'm seriously considering telling her how I feel at the beginning of the summer. I realize that if she feels the same way about me (big if there), and we want to continue dating past the summer (which I would want to do), it would turn into an LDR once we both go back to school. I have no experience with this kind of thing and I don't know if I would even be able to do it, nor do I know if she'd be okay with it.

Can anybody with experience in this offer some /adv/ice on the subject?

Also, would it be too cringe to ask her how she feels about LDR, pretending that I'm considering getting into an LDR with 'this girl I know' and then at the end tell her that I was talking about her?

Pic unrelated
>>
Nigga you retarded as shit. Shoulda asked that bitch out years ago. You think she puts up with your pasty white ass for friendship? Nigga don't make me laugh
>>
File: 1427915438280.jpg (24 KB, 496x499) Image search: [Google]
1427915438280.jpg
24 KB, 496x499
>>17105670
Great post desu senpai
>>
>>17105665
wait until she's there to share your feelings about it. Wait for the right time and give it to her directly. Or, better yet, you can observe contextual clues such as how she reacts to an occasional physical touch. If she doesn't retract or move away then she could totally be down. Also she's lonely so most likely already hinting to you about it that way and she will be buttered up for easy lovin.

And shit homie. You understand movie night with a guy and a girl is code for sex, right? I mean you're both 18/19 y/o teens with biological urges.
>>
>>17105990
Hey thanks for the advice, but my question wasn't so much 'how do I ask her out', it's 'is it even a good idea to date her considering that it's either going to end or turn into an LDR when school starts again?'

And yeah I know what the implications of movie night is, I'm not (quite) that socially retarded haha.
>>
>>17105665
dont tell her how you feel before you get to her state cause emotions will fluctuate and she will panic. i just got you future sex.
>>
>>17106057
I think you might hate yourself worse having not gone through with it than potentially regretting it after.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.