[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get my boyfriend to stop rambling? He goes on and on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: blah.jpg (22 KB, 352x193) Image search: [Google]
blah.jpg
22 KB, 352x193
How do I get my boyfriend to stop rambling?

He goes on and on and on about things and I really just don't care about any of them. He's really earnest about it and it's just so frustrating.
>>
Break up with him and let him find a gf who likes listening to him.
>>
>>17105375
I love it when females get a taste of their own medicine.
>>
>>17105375

unfortunately you are asking how to change his base personality. its something he does naturally. its not a small detail, its how he interacts. while changes can be made, asking him to change it could be bad.

im the same. i ramble. so i date chicks who are quiet and like to listen to my nonsense. nto all do. some girls will immediately walk away. others im surprised will sit there and listen to me talk about flat earth theory and shit
>>
>>17105375

>How do I get my boyfriend to open up? He won't really talk to me about his life or his interests, if I ask how his day was he just says "fine." I just want him to let me in, and it's just so frustrating.

- OP, 2 weeks after getting what she asked for
>>
>>17105425
I don't mind him talking when I'm not busy with something else jesus fuck he can see I'm already doing something and I'm trying to concentrate on it but it doesn't register.
>>
>>17105375
Guy here who talks a lot. There's nothing you can do to stop us besides figure out why we're talking so much and then give us what we need without us having to ramble.

For example, I talk about things long-windedly because talking is like therapy. Some people process by watching TV. Some people smoke. I talk. It helps me keep my thoughts and plans in order.

So if my girlfriend would figure out that I need a planning session every so often and give that to me without me asking, it would go a long way to making me feel content enough to leave her the hell alone to watch tv, which I find mind numbingly boring.
>>
>>17105422

Flat earth theory is CIA nonsense to distract you and make you look dumb.

Don't fall for that shit.
>>
>>17105375
I wish I could ramble dammit.
>>
>>17105375
dont date a neckbeard LOL jk
do the same and he'll change naturally
>>
>>17105391
love when guys get cheated on
>>
>>17105375
>How do I get my boyfriend to stop rambling?
giv him the suk
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.