[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a newfag to dating so I'm not sure if this is normal.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_0009.jpg (113 KB, 1242x560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0009.jpg
113 KB, 1242x560
I'm a newfag to dating so I'm not sure if this is normal. (we are both 18)

Started dating GF like a month ago and in the first couple weeks she would often text me with all these "you're amazing" and shit and would take compliments really well.

Now she doesn't say anything like that and compliments over text are "lol ok" and in person she will just kind of brush them off.

Is this normal for relationships? What does it mean? Pic related
>>
Bump because I'm autistic
>>
>>17104979
Honestly bro it depends on the girl, some like this mushy stuff. If she responds the way you expressed then it means she's taking them for granted, so you shouldn't send them or say that kind of stuff.

It's not normal for a girlfriend to reply with "lol ok" thats what girls do to guys they arent interested in, you need to "break her ass and shake her ass" (dominate her), let her know who she's talking to all the time. Stop that mushy stuff.

What it means is she doesn't find it attractive/appreciate your affection in that way.
>>
Okay there is infatuation and love right?
This is the first one

Kids fall in "love" and become stupid but they also get those crushes on people all the time
Funno how it goes but it looks like it
>>
>>17104979
Also you shouldn't text her saying "i'll talk to you in the morning", thats boring. Now she'll expect you to talk to her, you should just randomly hit your girlfriend up with a chat and not plan it.

She's not your diary, don't need to say "im going to sleep now", "going to talk to you in morning" etc.
>>
>>17104979
Most females are fickle. To counterbalance it a bit you should:
>have an aura of mystery
>don't be predictable
>don't text too much
>don't be a yes man
>and don't put all your cards on the table at once

A relationship is 50/50. Don't give more than what they give you or you end up in a trap where you start giving 90 and they give the rest. Before you know it you'll be doing 100% until one day they decide that they've gotten what they want and leave.
>>
>>17105062
Beta bux, alpha fux.
>>
>>17105046
That text was from her, not me.
Like she used to say stuff like that, but not anymore
>>
>>17105069
Oh, my bad. If she's responding like that she's either disinterested in you OR talks to other guys that gauge their attention more.

Women will firmly hold onto their previous branch before grabbing onto a new.
>>
>>17105076
>>17105076
It's weird. She's like that, but then she introduces me to her friends and wants to introduce me to her family.

It's confusing as fuck
>>
>>17105032
So you reckon she's getting too comfortable and stopping might lead to good results?
>>
>>17105133
It's hard for us to assume without enough information. If i was in your position i would do this, grope her etc randomly throughout the time you hangout with her in public then respond with "lol ok" after she tells you off. By doing this she'll associate "lol ok" with you being sexually aggressive with her, thus making her not respond to you with that in text's without sexually arousing herself.

Something like this, you know turn her annoying response against her in a fun way ;)
>>
>>17105155
1 month in seems a bit soon to be "comfortable" so it must be loss in attraction, maybe you two just don't click that well or that she's interested in another person. It's only been 1 month, i'd try and act dominant and don't be predictable when talking to her.
>>
Femanon here. None of you guys can properly respond to this question without more context.

OP how exactly do you respond to these mushy texts in the first place?

What else does she text you? You need to post more conversations for context.

Depending on a few factors OP you could be totally blowing this out of proportion.
>>
>>17105186
what this guy said.

i think she probably has someone else on her mind but is just waiting on how things pan out before she can make up her mind about you. one month is too soon to take someone for granted IMO, but again everyone is different..

but just be you. why play all these silly mind games. you'll end up frustrating yourself as well.
>>
>>17105167
>>17105076
>>17105032

/adv/ is a sad combination of paranoid and clueless

OP ignore everything here and go TALK to your girlfriend about this
>>
Well, being its been a few weeks. From my experience with girls, (I'm 18 as well) The first few weeks are mushy and full of those compliment shit. She's probably grown out of that phase, you have her, she has you.
She doesn't feel the need to be complimented 24/7, and you shouldn't either. Don't get down on yourself, I'm sure she knows you care and love her. Just tone it down, don't give mushy texts like that anymore, if you do, say it after a date or something "hey babe I really had a great time......." But nothing too long or excessive. You guys are chill now, enjoy time with her, don't make it awkward with all the compliments. Just be you, and learn about her while she learns about yourself.
>>
Yep, you wont have a good relationship unless you can talk openly with each other (not just when there's a problem but all the time).
My girlfriend backed off when she thought she was being too clingy, but there could be a million reasons.
>>
>>17105216
I pretty much responded mushy back. lots of hearts, all that stuff.

I'd have to scroll back a bit to give examples, but like before if I said "I'm gonna come over" she would get all excited and shit and now it's literally "ok lol"

She texts me about all sorts of stuff, she's the type to have long continuous texting so it's weird that it's lessened so much
>>
>>17105230
We haven't even told eachother we love eachother actually... I think a month is too little for me to decide.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.