[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi adv, i could use some advice right about now. I'm 27
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-Minimum-Wage.jpg (41 KB, 336x227) Image search: [Google]
2016-Minimum-Wage.jpg
41 KB, 336x227
Hi adv, i could use some advice right about now.

I'm 27 years old, I have autism and I work at a hairdressing supply company where i pack suppleis and operate machines that make our products. I'm currently making around 1000 per month in my salary, and the boss said that if I stay there, thats all I'm ever going to make, so theres no chance of getting a raise.

I'd like to be able to make some more money to put aside in a savings account, or to help out my mother who's had a terrible accident and is currently unemployed while she recovers. She had a nasty fall last and tore all the ligaments in her leg, while she has recovered a lot since then, she still has difficulty with walking or doing other everyday things.

What are my options to make more money? I would like to get a higher paying job, but I'm not sure if thats possible considering my situation. Plus my boss said that if I go somewhere else, i might not have the job security that my current job has.
>>
>>17104765
What is your work experience?
>>
>>17104765
You should absolutely apply elsewhere. 12000 a year is not a living wage, Iirc that at or below poverty. Have you looked at other packing companies? Esp. In the area? You are in a dead end job, your boss has made that very clear.
>>
>>17104765
Your boss is CLEARLY fucking with you because of your condition
I would look into a social services program that helps disabled people find decent jobs
>>
>>17104765
>What are my options to make more money?
Start a community college, most cities will have a night school option for those with jobs.
Get trained in a useful technical skill and you can usually land a job paying at least twice what you're making right now with minimal social interaction required, eg servicing/repairing machines in an automated plant.

Depending on how high-functioning you are, you can also consider getting a part-time job (yours is probably part-time if it's 12k/year already) and working towards a 4-year degree in an engineering field, which will provide relatively high job security, decent income, and decent opportunities for advancement (can make six figures without advanced communication skills, but do need to be highly motivated and good with numbers).

Also this >>17104784.
>>
>>17104773

Not much, I've worked for a year in a chocolate factory, which was also production work, a calender factory, also production work, and now i've been at this hair dressing supply company for the past 7 years.

>>17104776

I guess I could give that a try, I don't mind packing, its pretty easy to do. But I really want to makem ore money and help my mom out.

>>17104792

I wouldn't say I'm High functioning, i have a light form of autism, not sure on the scientific name for it. But I guess I'll also take a look around for things like learning technical skills.

I also draw and write a bit on the side, but my skills are far below professional, and paying for art classes isn't an option right now. so its mostly just a hobby, would like to try and make some money with that as well someday.
>>
>>17104792

Just noticed you said you need to be good with numbers and highly motivated, those are kind of problem areas for me.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.