[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I be a "wingman" for my friend this weekend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (434 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
434 KB, 1536x2048
Should I be a "wingman" for my friend this weekend? Normally I wouldn't have a problem with it because there's a chance at getting to know a girl's friend, some fun situations, or whatever... But he now has "dibs" on 3 of the 4 girls we'll be hanging out with, plus he's obsessed with some chick he hooked up with from San Diego.

If it weren't for me expecting him to get cranky over it I'd just go and flirt with whoever and let the chips fall where they may, or I'd help him get one specific girl, but sitting there and watching him fawn over three chicks at once sounds terrible.

Should I just back out?
>>
The idea of "dibs" is ridiculous. Tell him that you'll come with him, but you're going to talk to any girl you want, because he's your friend and not, like, your employer. You don't have to just let him control and micro-manage all your social interactions. That's stupid. Stand up for yourself
>>
>>17104581
Couldn't have said it better.
>>
>>17104580
LOL.

What is this bullshit? He is claiming all the girls for himself in advance ?

That's really stupid. You are entitled to meet chicks as well ya know.
>>
>>17104580
There was a story on here a while ago about a guy who was wingmanning for his friend. His friend had a long time crush on some girl, but she and the wingman hit it off instantly. He realized he was getting more of her attention than his friend was, and his friend was definitely noticing. Come the end of the night, she ended up going back to wingman's room. But wingman was trying to be a bro, and told her that his friend had a crush on her for the longest time, and that it wouldn't feel right
sleeping with her, to which she basically responded "I'm not really interested in your friend, I'm interested in you."

Moral of the story is, he can claim dibs all he wants, but whether he likes it or not the chips are gonna fall where they will. If one of them likes you more than him, there's not much you or he can do to change that.
>>
>>17104596
But did they fuck ? Jesus dude I'm on the edge of my seat..
>>
>>17104604
Yeah. The way she put it, it was either she would sleep with the wingman, or no one. But either way, she wasn't gonna sleep with wingman's friend.
At that point, it becomes a question of the policy of "waste not."
>>
>>17104596
If a bro has established, long time, feelings for a chick, I would pass.

Or at least talk to him about it.
>>
>>17104581

Not letting him control my social interactions, but this means more to him than it does to me, yknow? I have other things going on with girls.

It's not like he's a desperate tryhard, but he's just been weird since his last breakup.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.