[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got dumped. Quite out of the blue. It was an ldr between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (252 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
image.png
252 KB, 500x453
I just got dumped.
Quite out of the blue.
It was an ldr between Sweden and England.
She said she couldn't handle being in an ldr.
And eventhough I offered to move there, which was very possible for me, she said that we couldn't move in together due to her conservative family.

I guess TL;DR: got dumped for no reason and don't know what to do.
I really did love her.
>>
You can't do anything. You just need to slowly get used to the situation.

Reasons are not so important. I think they can be comforting, but in the end, I doubt that there is a reason that makes it feel especially good to be broken up with.
>>
>>17104541
You make sense.
Thanks.
>>
its pretty hard to sustain a ldr, so there's not much you could of done. Just give it some time and U'll eventually get over her and find someone even better. In the meantime, just find something to distract ur self from thinking too much about her
>>
You both wanted diferent things, she realized so and took off, it's most likely not your fault...
You shouldn't blame yourself, that's the most important aspect, don't get caught on the moment and spend time wondering about the "what if's". Previous anons pretty much answered to you, but I felt like pitching in seeing on how I was on a similar spot some years ago. Just move on and keep yourself entertained, don't dwell on the past and try to just remember her as a good memory, no sense on becoming a bitter shell of a man, after all, you really loved her.
>>
>>17104531
90% of LDRs fail because of the distance.
Note: that 90% isn't considering the people who thought "I'd like to be with you, but you're halfway across thee country from me, so it's not gonna work out." That 90% is from the small fraction of snowflakes that think "But WE'LL be different. WE can make it work, the distance isn't so bad and we can deal with it."

Speaking as a former member of that 90%, I can assure you that even if things are wonderful between you, the distance really does kill the relationship. A phone/skype can only grant you so much intimacy. Not to mention the times when you're planning a visit for months, and then something comes up at the last second that makes you or her cancel. It's devastating and unsustainable.
>>
>>17104642
>>17104664
>>17104671
All things I need to hear.
Thanks, Anons.
>>
You take it like a champ, and next time try to get a girlfriend you can hug, kiss and fuck whenever you want.

Good luck!
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.