[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I've decided that I'm going to propose to my longterm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 496642_1280x720.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
496642_1280x720.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
So, I've decided that I'm going to propose to my longterm girlfriend. Now I need to ask her father for her hand in marriage. The problem is that I have crippling social anxiety. Also, her father lives in a different state. How do I pull this off? Do I do it the next time we're visiting her parents at their house? Do I just find him when he's all alone and approach him or what? I'm nervous as fuck about this, but it's something I MUST do.
>>
My fiance did it as like a profession of his love at a family dinner with his immediate family and mine. My dad had said the gesture of doing it would be nice, but my parents were so thrown off because it wasn't private.
It was very sweet, I dislike how wierd my mom was about it. People can do this however the fuck they want.
>>
>>17104509
You need to pop the question the ball is in your court as to timing.

In person is always best. Make up an excuse to see him, ask him, and then ask her soonish after that.
>>
>>17104509
You don't have to ask him in person. It's ideal if it's feasible, but in the case of someone who lives far away, a phone call is acceptable. If you aren't going to see him until Christmas or something, just make the call. If you're going to see him next month, just wait it out.
>>
>>17104563
I like what this anon said.

When you guys go to visit them again maybe go into the kitchen or den with the father and confess your love for his daughter.

Or you can go by yourself. Call his phone and ask if you can come over for lunch and discuss something important. Then state that you love his daughter and want to marry her.
>>
>>17104509
Make sure you get a prenup
>>
>>17104509
Are you and her father even close or?
>>
Thanks for the replies, everybody. I think I'll do it when we visit her parents next month. I'll just approach him while he's chilling alone on the computer as he often does that.

>>17104717

I wouldn't say we're "close," but we have a good relationship for sure. Her parents are always giving me amazing gifts and taking me on vacations. They think highly of me, I'm pretty sure.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.