[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend says she's constantly unhappy, with the way
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 838x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 838x500
My girlfriend says she's constantly unhappy, with the way I treat her, with how our relationship isn't progressing. I thought I just wasn't ready, not enough money, etc. but recently I've been having dreams about very pretty girls I know/have known/or just strangers, and in the dreams we have very turbulent relationships, but it works out in the end and I feel amazing, almost euphoric, better than I ever have in real life. But when I wake up I feel very sad that it wasn't real.

What do I do now? Are my dreams telling me something? Is it normal, or wrong, to feel like my girlfriend not being pretty enough is keeping me from committing and building with her?
>>
What do you like about her? Let's start there.
>>
>>17104320
Dump her. If she isn't cheating already she will soon.
>>
>>17104332
I like that she's responsible, and caring to most people, I respect her for that. She does have some "basic" tendencies, but she's mostly an independent thinker. She has a pretty face, I just wish she would take care of her body more.

>>17104335
I doubt it, besides I already cheated before, so I know what to look for.
>>
>>17104348
There is a very clear lack of enthusiasm when you talk about your girlfriend. When I ask you what you like about her, you say that you respect that she's caring to most people. That... does not sound like a foundation that long-term relationships are built on.

She also doesn't like the say you treat her, which... I mean, you haven't given us anything more specific than that, but it shows that the dissatisfaction is mutual.

AND you just said you've cheated.

Relationships don't always have to get terrible before you decide to end them. Sometimes realising that you and your partner aren't compatible before it gets to the point is the mature, healthy thing to do.
>>
>>17104355
Lack of enthusiasm, she has said before it seems like there's no passion.

But I've never been an enthusiastic guy about anything, Christmas, vacations, surprises, etc. Would my personality suddenly change if I met the right girl?

Also, what would be a proper response to a question like that?

About the way she's treated, she says I don't pay enough attention, or seem interested, or make her feel special. I always felt like its just because I'm an independent guy and since I don't expect that stuff from others, that I don't just give it to others either. You're saying it might just be because it's her?

And the cheating didn't happen because I liked the other girl better than her, she was in fact worse in most ways. But it made me feel good at the time, although I regret it now. And she stayed even after she found out about it, so it can't be the worst thing.
>>
>>17104320
Time to break up, it seems.
>>
>>17104376
Well, ok, I didn't realise you're a vulcan. Then I suppose that is a perfectly appropriate response. Very logical.

You may want to try and find a similarly logical girlfriend who won't ask you to treat her in a special way just because she's your girlfriend.
>>
>>17104399
Well I'm not a robot, I just try not to let things affect me too much because I'd rather be in control of my emotions (because I see how some people get when they aren't and it's embarrassing) and I guess I've just done it so long since I was a kid that I just react (or don't?) that way now.
>>
>>17104428
Then my advice stands.
>>
>>17104320
She just figured out you're boring. End it before the cheating begins and it turns ugly
>>
When a girl goes so far to progress - roughly translated she wants big ol' commitment in some form. If that commitment does not fall easily to hand for you then you are faced with the inevitable deterioration of your relationship to a horrid and sticky end or simply break up now before it starts.

Your choice maing.
>>
>>17104457
>before it starts

It's already been two years mang
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.