[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that marriage appears to still be so important to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1454766820287.jpg (23 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1454766820287.jpg
23 KB, 720x720
Why is it that marriage appears to still be so important to the large majority of women in society? While inversly it seems that a growing propotion of the male population share a view that getting married is less than neccasary. It seems this is leading to greater clashes of views and interests in dating society.
>>
Stop!
HES USING LOGIC!
Someone stop him!
>>
Women don't give a fuck about marriage. What they care about is a wedding. Big difference desu senpai.
>>
Because marriage is generally a very bad idea for men. Along with having children in most cases. We tend to pick pretty shitty women for copulating with, which is why its better to just avoid women all together, unless you are just trying to get your dick wet. Best thing to do just masturbate.
>>
>>17104187
/thread
>>
>>17104187
Implying good women actually exist.
>>
>>17104179
Men always were less intrested in marraige because monogamy isn't for them: they are unable to love and commit to one women for such a long time.
On the other hand, women need to kind of guarantee that they wouldn't be just left barefooted with kid when their guy decides its time for a new girl: divorce at least offers some form of contribution for lost years.

I know I won't commit to any man unless we get marriage and compulsory prenup: I am not going to get fucked over man's need for novelty.
>>
Because once a woman is married, she can cheat on the poor bloke and get half his crap plus have him cucked for 18 years if they have a child.
>>
If you want to raise a family with someone, marriage provides benefits, like shared health insurance and hospital visitation rights. Also inheritance, so if your partner dies and doesn't have a will, you aren't left out in the cold. If he does have a will but you aren't married, you have to pay taxes to inherit his property. If you're married, it's yours tax-free.

It also grants you family leave in case of an emergency.

Basically, stability + benefits. There's more, but you might want to look it up for yourself.
>>
>>17104179
Because men are tired of losing half of their belongings and not being able to see the children they have to pay child support for.
>>
>>17104198
>>17104203
Sad but true.
I watched a close friend of mine lose everything he worked for because he married to some evil bitch.
>>
>>17104197
Now this is interesting, i see what you mean by marriage being a almost 'safety' net in a way for the raising of a child, so its in a womens best interest.
But what If the legally binding that ouccurs during marriage was instead applied when both parties had a consentual child, would marriage then become redundant?
>>
>>17104195
>>17104195
While I do like making generalizations, I do understand that there are certain irregularities that exist in the population. Some women probably do not behave that way, but why would it matter when so many do?

There may be a polar bear out there who may not be inclined to devour me, but why take that risk.
>>
>>17104217
Oh now i understand when you put it that way.
Thanx anon, i get what you were saying in that other thread now.
>>
>>17104179
The number of men who think this isn't growing to ny significant degree. The bitter unfuckables are just getting louder, thanks to enablers like /r9k/ and r/theredpill.
>>
>>17104221
That's good to hear anon! I worry that i don't do a good job at clarifying myself at times.

>>17104227
Are you sure that alot of these people aren't bitter for a pretty good reason such as losing access to there children, noticing that there is nothing to gain (for them at least) in a relationship, or even that laws in general are very biased against men. Sure you have some people crying because women wont date them or out out for them, but come on you have to figure that men want to look out for their best interests the same as women.

I'm not even a red piller and I can tell that being in a relationship or even getting married is disadvantageous for me.

I'm not enabling anyone, I do this from a general sense of care when I tell a male family member or friend to not engage in a relationship or marriage. I would be doing a disservice to them if I don't tell them my experience. What they chose to do is their choice
>>
Does marriage even make sense outside of religion? I mean, if you are religious it actually has meaning: you are telling God that you and some other person commit to one another for the rest of your life. If i'm not, why should i bother? Exhibitionism? Couldn't i just be with the person i love and be happy anyway?
>>
>>17104262
Yeah, but its frowned upon for whatever dumbass reason...
>>
Some good thoughts already put forward, i appricate it.

On a similar note, do you think we would see an increase in marriage rates if the legal aspects of marriage were stripped away and it became just a statement of love and dedication to each other?
>>17104227
While yes i agree, the proportion of single (by thwt i mean not married) people in america is pretty large.
>107 million: Number of unmarried people in America 18 and older in 2014. This group made up 45 percent of all U.S. residents 18 and older.

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/facts-for-features/2015/cb15-ff19.html
>>
>>17104262
This
Marriage shouldnt affect how much you mean to each other in a relationship, the only reason i can see it as stilp being justifiable is what
>>17104201
And
>>17104197
Have said
>>
women just want a fancy wedding where they get to live out their princess fantasies, that's literally it
>>
>>17104227
>anyone who doesn't think like me is a virgin
>>
File: Screenshot_20160503-145054.png (693 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160503-145054.png
693 KB, 720x1280
>>17104197
'unable to love and commit to one woman" stop lying. As history show, women always go for the man who posess power etc. The babie boom during ww2 where women in huge numbers betrayed their countries and had offspring with Nazi soldiers as one example. Women file 70% of divorces in America. Men stick with their partner while women trade out their husband/boyfriend the moment things get though.
>>
>>17104512
>anyone who doesn't think like me is a virgin
I didn't call you a virgin. I called you unfuckable. There's a difference.

Many of the bitter unfuckables are indeed virgins, but some have managed to buy, trick, or outright force their way out of virginity. There are even some unfortunates who used to be better, but have become embittered by one or two bad experiences.

How they got there, though, doesn't matter all that much. So I looked for a word that would include the non-virgins among them (and, for that matter, something that would not use "virgin" as an insult). So I went back to the common thread: the fact that no woman in her right mind would want to sleep with someone so full of bitterness and hate toward her gender, and from there I got the "bitter unfuckables". I like it; it's got this nice ring to it. Shame it's so long, though; "bitter virgins" will probably win on syllables alone.

But mine is better for filking "My Name is No", so there's that.

I feel you're
Unfuckable, unfuckable
You're just so
Unfuckable, unfuckable
You creepy
Unfuckable, unfuckable
Nuh to the uh to the no, no, no
>>
>>17104740
The thing is that no one insulted you nor called you names and yet, you call anyone bitter. You on the other hand sound angry and resort to petty insults to try and make a point. Food for thought.

People can view marriage differently and that doesn't make them any of that, those are just your projections and assumptions.
>>
Women view marriage as the start of security.
Men view marriage as the end of freedom.
>>
Sexism is decreasing overall in society and marriage used to be enforced on men using sexism. It's not widely discussed because it's still somewhat of a social taboo to talk about sexism toward men.
>>
>>17104197
>Men always were less intrested in marraige because monogamy isn't for them: they are unable to love and commit to one women for such a long time.
>their guy decides its time for a new girl:
>I am not going to get fucked over man's need for novelty.
>divorce at least offers some form of contribution for lost years.
Entitled, man hating,spoiled goldigging whores with their heads up their asses and who can't think 5 seconds in front of their face, like you are one of the many reasons men don't want to be married anymore. I hope no decent man with his head on straight is stupid enough to commit to you.
>>
>>17104753
>The thing is that no one insulted you nor called you names and yet, you call anyone bitter.
They never, ever fail to meet the stereotype. They're almost always eager to talk about it, too, launching into long-winded rants which can invariably be summarized as "bitches and whores". A small number of them will spend a sentence or two on valid points, but never expand upon them, always diving back down into the polemic. It's as though even mentioning the point was just a poor attempt at getting the search engines to notice them.

You, I should point out, were no different from any of the others. You've already shown your bitter side, paid only the barest of lip service to anything of substance, and played the victim when called out on it. My "the bitter unfuckables" comment was not aimed at you, nor any other particular person, and you could have let it lie, as others were doing. But you jumped right into its path the moment you saw it, laying your cards out in plain view for all to see. It never fails.

It's funny. I've never been sea-lioned before. I've often questioned its validity as a concept, truth be told: I figured it was just another pseudo-rhetorical tool of the Tumblrites to shut down civil discussions that call their particular narrative into question. Is this what they meant all along? It always leaves a bad taste in my mouth whever the Tumblr crowd actually comes up with a useful term, but hey, credit where it's due.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.