[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well pol I'm about to decide my major but I'm extremely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: iStock_000009116452Small.jpg (567 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000009116452Small.jpg
567 KB, 849x565
Well pol I'm about to decide my major but I'm extremely unsure. Which is actually more important money or happiness? I'm either going to major in Early Childhood Education or Comp Sci.
Comp Sci
>Have a highschool foundation of mathematics and engineering that easily lead to this.
Early Childhood
>Volunteer every Sunday helping out at a church Awana class helping take care of 3-5 yr olds

Also, I'm a white christain male and inb4
>pedophile
I'm not a fucking degenerate
>>
Comp Sci is a better bet. Just learn to talk well do you get your internship. Hell you don't even need to talk that well, because a lot of your major mates are spergs and it shows.
Remember, the #1 decider for getting a job is if the interviewer LIKES you. Nor if you're the most qualified
>>
It really depends on who you ask. Some people will tell you to go for the "safe" or "sure" bet like the poster above me. Others will tell you to do what you're really interested in. I'm lucky in that I pursued a major that I was really passionate about that has plenty of career prospects. I advise everyone to find something they genuinely enjoy and study that, not whatever will make them the most money. Life is too short to be trapped in a job you hate, but it can also feel incredibly long if you are.

Happiness over money has always been my goal and it's worked out better for me than most others. If you are active in your field and differentiate yourself from your peers you will find a job. The best people will always find jobs, regardless of their major.
>>
Don't pick a career just for money. That is a sure path to a miserable life.
>>
I love computer programming and got really passionate about it, its just that I think I got a little burnt out. And I don't know if I'll re discover the love.
With the children though, I really enjoy working with them a lot. However I could easily see myself in like 10 years looking back and regretting not going for Comp Programming.
>>
I know it sounds like a cliche, but chose what you like. If you enjoy what you're doing (or at least don't hate it) and you're competent you will find a way to make enough money to be happy out of it. Your quality of life will definitely be higher if you like your job than if you work in a field you dislike and make more money.
>>
>>17104104
Yea but I'd like to make enough money to have my own children live comfortably.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.