[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>meet girl that i found myself drawn to >suddenly realize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: the things i've seen.jpg (198 KB, 756x267) Image search: [Google]
the things i've seen.jpg
198 KB, 756x267
>meet girl that i found myself drawn to
>suddenly realize i have the conversational capabilities of a dead rat and can't make much small talk

how do i get better? our conversations peter out after a minute or two
>>
Either the chemistry is there or it's not.
>>
>>17103776
Don't make small talk. Talk about things you actually care about and are interested in. The whole point of conversation with a new potential partner is to get to know each other better. That doesn't happen with small talk. There are things you are interested in, things you know about, things you can talk about for days, and there are things you want to know about her, so talk about that. The big talk.
>>
>>17103776
The more you practice the better you get at it. Just talk to more girls in general even though you don't like them it will help you get your skills up
>>
File: 1459664677029.jpg (53 KB, 500x581) Image search: [Google]
1459664677029.jpg
53 KB, 500x581
>>17103776
Try not to think too hard about it?

Although [spoiler]I've never actually had a girlfriend myself[/spoiler] I find that I'm much better at talking to girls and making them laugh when I'm not too focused on trying to make an impression. On the other hand if I'm talking to a girl I like then suddenly I just start drawing blanks.

It's mostly just >>17103780 though desu
>>
>>17103786
Not him, but what if you don't care about anything?
>>
>>17103941
Then you're doomed from the start and should work more on yourself as a person.
>>
>>17103947
Where do I even start?
>>
>>17103776
sweat balls and keep dreaming nigger
>>
>>17103976
Shit nigger how am I supposed to answer that? I don't know you.

If you don't care about anything, likely yourself as well, it's because you choose to be that way. There are things that interest. Things you were perhaps once passionate about. Investigate these things that interest you. Give yourself little projects and goals. Eventually you'll come across something you're passionate about. Then work on that. Then find more. Take and long and hard look at yourself, think deeply about everything about you that you hate, and go about changing those things, be they physical, emotional, or mental.

Or just be an edgy nihilist teenager your entire life why do I even give a fuck it's your choice to do it or not.
>>
>>17103988
Hey man, I appreciate the reply. You're totally right, I have a lot of introspection to do. I don't even really know what I want, how dumb is that?
>>
>>17104018
It's not that dumb. Most people have been there at some stage in their life. But now rather than stewing in that state you're actively thinking about self-improvement and searching for a goal, for meaning. Those are fine first steps to take. Good luck with it all.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.