[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright guys, we're in for a long one this time >pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1461468861629.gif (489 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
1461468861629.gif
489 KB, 400x302
Alright guys, we're in for a long one this time
>pic unrelated

So to start things off, I've been with this girl for about 3 years now. In the past 8 or so months, she's changed drastically in response to me becoming more of my own person (I.E, me becoming very depressed but shh). She's become blood-sucking, needy, self-centered, and overall very loud. All she ever talks about is the special needs kids she teaches.

The main point here is I want to break up with her. The big issue here though is that she has a lot of mental problems and is very likely to do something drastic. She may off herself is what I mean. I say this because she's more or less driven all of her friends away with the sort of behavior I described. I'm all she has for the most part.

I care about her and all, but I really can't stand being in this relationship anymore. She tries to control so many aspects of my life. I'm really between a rock and a hard place here, /adv/.

Wat do?
>>
You should like....
tell HER about it.
>>
>>17103670

o dude i tried. Total meltdown. Wasn't enjoyable at all. Started crying, begged me to "not be sick of her" or something. Made me feel real bad. Manipulative as fuck dude.
>>
>>17103673
Hmm. Seems as though you've stuck your dick in crazy.
Buy the ticket take the ride.
I would try talking to her more... beyond that you're pretty fucked.
>>
>>17103661
So let's get this straight.

You've been depressed and therefore a lousy boyfriend. She has reacted to that by trying to make you happy, and meanwhile she is getting involved in the important and satisfying work that is her career.

And you think SHE is at fault.
>>
>>17103683

No, I'm just not able to give her every ounce of attention like I used to because I myself am focusing on starting a career along with other personal stuff. She doesn't try to make me happy. In fact, if I talk about my problems, she'll invalidate what I say by talking about her own problems to the point where I wish I hadn't said anything in the first place. So no, she doesn't try to make me happy. She tries to make it look like she's always worse off.

Did you even read my post?
>>
>>17103696
Get out while you still can.
If you're worried she will kill herself, call the police and let them know what's up.
Dealt with a really similar situation.
Just leave. Her problems are not yours to fix.
>>
>>17103706
Fuck that noise.
You can't just abandon her, you need to at least attempt to fix your shitty relationship before just throwing it away.
Its a relationship. A team effort, Dont be a selfish cunt.
>>
>>17103710

I'd rather leave her when the relationship was in a bad spot rather than mending it and blindsiding her, dude.
>>
>>17103721
>would rather ditch someone you "care" about than help them.
this is fucked desu.
>>
>>17103725

I never said I wanted to cease contact with her. I'd be totally fine talking with her and shit. I just need to get out of the situation where she (thinks she has) so much control over me so we can actually have a decent conversation.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.