[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does a patient have a final day in whether they get treatment.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
Even if a patient is underage, they can't be forced to accept treatment correct?
>>
It would be easier to discuss legality if you told us where you live.
>>
>>17103483
Nevada.
>>
>>17103465

kinda depends. if you have a DNR thats a thing but im not sure what that covers entirely
>>
>>17103489
Well I mean they can't legally force you?
>>
>>17103489

A DNR means they can't perform life-saving interventions if you lose your pulse/stop breathing.

Where I'm from, Canada, if you're underaged parents hold the power for the most part. You'd need to discuss this with your health care provider and parents though
>>
If you are unconscious then you can receive medical treatment that you didn't consent for. If you're legally insane then you can also receive treatment that you disagree with. Other than being unconscious and insane, you generally don't receive non-consensual medical treatment (or non-consensual anything at all) unless you live in a shithole backwater country. What exactly is your situation? Do you want to talk about it?
>>
EMT here, if you are underage you cannot legally refuse treatment unless your parent is there and they refuse on your behalf. Sorry but that's the law.

If you refuse to go to the hospital we have to call a cop to force you to come, because just leaving would be considered patient abandonment which would cost me my license and send me to jail. But hey if you ran away from me that would be another story, I'm not a cop so I'm not gonna chase you down.

>>17103489
DNR stands for do not resuscitate which just means you don't want any life saving interventions done if you stop breathing or your heart stops which would obviously put you in a position where you can't say "please don't do CPR". If someone has a DNR and they go into cardiac or respiratory arrest the protocol is to place them on oxygen and take them to a hospital where they can expire.
>>
>>17103509
Oh no it's cancer not like a broken leg or something.
>>
>>17103513
I'm sorry, I don't think I understand what you're saying. Why would you call an ambulance for cancer?
>>
>>17103516
I never said it was an ambulance thing. I was diagnosed with testicular cancer.
>>
>>17103502
I was diganosed with cancer
>>
>>17103523
ok, and you're a minor? Legally speaking you have no say in your treatment I'm afraid, its up to your parents to decide that.

But why would you want to refuse treatment?
>>
>>17103532
I'm fine with dying.
>>
>>17103538
and this is exactly why you don't have say over your healthcare decisions

they might have to cut a ball out but you'll get better, you're young
>>
>>17103540
But I don't want to live . That's not fair. Even without cancer id really prefer to be dead
>>
>>17103543
why?
>>
>>17103545
Well for starters I hear voices . It's been like this for awhile. I have urges for little kids ( 5 year olds) I've acted upon and probably will again. Also most of.my life has been embarassing and nothing really good has happened. I just want it to end. It's just one shitty thing after another.
>>
you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18 you will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18
>>
>>17103555
the spirit of /adv/ is to report the thread but still answer his question
>>
>>17103554
you've raped little kids?

wtf man
>>
Underage patients cannot turn away treatment and if their parents try to turn away treatment the state can take temporary custody of them.
There's plenty of legal precedent on this subject in the United States. Do some googling around.
>>
>>17103563
Ok and?....
>>
>>17103567
Can treatment be delayed by other things like legal matters? I'd imagine so.
>>
>>17103563
Are you there?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.