[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /adv/ so i know this might not be the best place ever to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: zoloft-pills.jpg (5 KB, 217x184) Image search: [Google]
zoloft-pills.jpg
5 KB, 217x184
hey /adv/
so i know this might not be the best place ever to ask but you guys usually don't fail me

okay so: i am 18 and i was just diagnosed with severe depression and social anxiety and PTSD after feeling terrible for years but not having any healthcare system

today i was prescribed zoloft 25mg and i am supposed to start Wednesday

things were looking really shitty and hopeless like 2 weeks ago and it seemed like there was no way i was getting any kind of help any time soon so out of desperation i took it into my own hands

a friend offered me prozac, so i started taking 15mg prozac once a day
> inb4 "self-medicating is bad" believe me i know but it seemed like my only hope

i took it for 7 days, with today being the last day and me taking only ~5mg
(these are the instant release pills so i can cut them)

should i start taking the zoloft Wednesday? or should i wait and if so how long?
I'd only been taking the prozac for 7 days so it obviously didn't start working yet

i might repost this tomorrow because i might fall asleep before seeing any replies

wat do /adv/?
>>
Dont fuck with chemicals that alter your brain. go see your local GP.
>>
>>17103463

You can start the zoloft like it was scheduled, they're the same type of molecule and you won't risk any type of overdose with it. Be aware nonetheless that you'll need to wait for several weeks for the changes to take place and that your mental state can be worse the first weeks of treatment.
>>
Ssri meds can work well, but for the love of God, do not fucking quit taking them without guidance from the doc. You need to stop slowly, over time. I was on lexapro and accidentally ran out so I didn't bother scheduling a new appointment for more. I got something called brain shivers about a week after running out, and if I had to do it all over again I don't think I would make it. They didn't go away for two weeks.

Tldr; anti depressants work but don't go off of them suddenly.
>>
>>17103472
Yeah, if you're a brit, see your gp insead of fucking around with chemicals alone. You might feel desperate but that is a shit idea.

I take 100mg of Sertraline (zoloft) a day and I'm lucky enough for it to work without major side effects, I started on 50. It's weird that you started on 25, my GP told me 50 was the starting dose - your dosage might be too low which is why you should talk to your doc about these things.
Funnily enough I've also taken prozac but that didn't do shit for me.
...I don't think you should take two different SSRIs together like that.
>>
I was severely depressed for a long time. I tried many things, but the one thing that made it worse was going to a doctor. They put me on several antidepressants over the course of 3 years, and I never felt more screwed-up. No matter what "cocktail" they were giving me, it only fucked my mind up more and more. Sometimes the drugs made me less depressed, but I couldn't go to work like that cuz I was all messed up on drugs. So they gave me different drugs, and I wasn't depressed, but I was craaacked out all the time. The truth is that once I stopped taking the drugs, I was still depressed but I was okay with it because I realized that life actually sucks and they only way to be happy is to be content with yourself. Drugs aren't the answer for depression or anxiety; willpower and self-discipline is the answer.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.