[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain what happened here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: no longer.png (2 KB, 200x88) Image search: [Google]
no longer.png
2 KB, 200x88
>apply for an entry-level job at Best Buy
>"Anon, come for an interview during the job fair."
>get there before anyone else, being one of the only scheduled interviews of the day
>get interviewed by a manager
>that manager immediately sets me up for another interview with manager of the entire store
>he tells me "actually, I think your skills would be better placed at another position for us. it will have same or better pay of course."
>makes me apply for the job on a computer and take a personality test
>think this is weird and a waste of time, but I do it anyway
>he checks on my personality test right after I'm done
>"alright, you meet all of our requirements anon!"
>shakes my hand
>"we'll be contacting you soon!"
>leave
hours later
>check Best Buy's career site
>for some reason another job application was put through in my name
>"No longer under consideration" for all three

What the fuck happened? It was the most complete job interview I ever had and I was literally told that I had the job.
>>
>>17103460
Literally no one here can explain this to you or give you insight as to what happened. You need to fight for the job. Go to the store tomorrow, ask to speak to the manager, and tell them you would like clarification on the situation.
>>
>>17103461
And how exactly am I supposed to ask what happened?

"Hey, your manager said I got a job after an interview, but within hours I was someone in the running for another job and I was told that I was not in the running for any of the jobs. What the fuck's going on?" They'll probably just hang up.
>>
>>17103460
>>17103461
I agree.

You should go back there and ask for clarification. It may have very well been an error on their part.

And if it's true, then ask what could have been done better on your part.

Although I know I don't have to tell you this, don't be rude. By going back there and asking what went wrong you gain three things:

1) The confirmation that you did or did not get the job
2) Advice for future job applications
3) A better image of yourself to employers

An employee who fights for their position is one who wants their position. And to employers, that's a good quality. Just don't be rude about it though.
>>
>>17103467
"Hi, my name's X, I came in the other day for an interview and despite everything going seemingly well, it appears as though the website says X"

"I believed the interview went well and I was just wondering if you could possibly help me clarify any problem areas you saw during the interviewing process."

All of this to the manager of course.
>>
>>17103467
No, they won't hang up, because I said you go there in person, you mongo. Do NOT call.

Show up to the store, ask for the manager, and tell him, "I was here for a job interview on <x> day and the person who interviewed me gave me the impression they would be in touch with me soon. I have not heard back about the position, and just wanted to check the status of my application."
>>
Best Buy has a horrible hiring process.
I was interviewed in store and told I was probably going to get the job. I had received no call or notification until four weeks later, when they sent me an email saying I didn't get the job.
Fucking stupid.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.