[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Compliments
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: barks internally.jpg (73 KB, 524x468) Image search: [Google]
barks internally.jpg
73 KB, 524x468
I like a girl

what casual compliments are socially acceptable for a guy to say to a girl in a group of friends?

example:
> girl shows you a picture of her that she got done professionally
Should I say she looks pretty? cute? good?

> is it ok to casually say that a girl looks cute/ pretty/ whatever without any provocation?

what about if you are in a group of friends?

for the sake of the argument assume that I'm attractive, she's attractive, and that there is some sort of undeveloped mutual attraction between us

> General compliment thread
>>
You can totally compliment her. She'll probably like it. Just don't be creepy.
>>
>>17103470
how do I not be creepy? what compliments are good?

what am I supposed to do?
>>
Yeah it´s ok if you compliment her my friends do it all the time and i don´t find it weird.

If you want to get your point straight, that you like her, you mght have to say it without any provocation, she will probably understand what is going on if you say it a few times.

just don´t be creepy (best way: only say "oh anon you look pretty today" and that´s it, then if she wears a nice shirt other day compliment her, etc)

the guy i am going out now pretty much just flirted with me this way for a while really.
>>
>>17103518
ok, I know I'm overthinking all this shit

my friends fucking ruined me in high school

I liked a girl and whenever she walked by or I talked to her they would make a huge deal about it and say like " OH DAMN ANON GO GET HER" etc.

now I'm fucking self conscious about complimenting girls

thanks for the advice though anonette, I'll make sure to compliment her more often
>>
>>17103443
PIck out a specific thing to compliment rather than a generic "You're pretty".

With the photo say something like "That pose/hairdo/smile really makes the whole photo". In person, "That's a pretty dress/top/necklace" or "You look particularly happy today. You should smile like that more often"
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.