[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When I left high school for my university and work, my circle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 640x640
When I left high school for my university and work, my circle of extremely tightly-knit friends created a group chat where we'd all stay connected. I was also starting up a relationship with a girl I genuinely liked at the time of departure. Now that it's almost been a year, I've come to realize how lonely I am. I'm starting to feel as if though I'm drifting apart from my friends, as they make plans without me from time to time. I stopped talking to this girl and barely remember the personality I came to enjoy. I don't have any friends here and it doesn't look like I will anytime soon. I feel so left out. And when I do find the time to meet them somewhere, it's just not the same anymore to me. I've just realized a few days ago that I've begun to talk to myself to be comforted. I don't want to talk to them about it at all, but as time goes on I see less and less to lose. What do?
>>
>>17103018
Did you stop spending time with them because if the girl?
>>
Bro. First of all, do not be ashamed with how you are handling loneliness. We all have to cope with it some how. Hell, I sleep with my exes stuffed animal so I don't feel alone while I'm sleeping. Wakes me up. Second, stomach the inevitability of change. Similar to you, my close knit group of friends has dissolved over the past few weeks. It's really rough, I know, but focusing on it will make you more miserable. And finally, get out there man. There is no reason why you can't form new relationships while attempting to rekindle old ones. Sure, they may not feel the same initially, but who is to say they won't develop into relationships you give a shit about??
>>
>>17103030
No, I've been trying my best to go out with them whenever they ask for me. The girl and I just slowly stopped having conversations until it died off entirely a couple months ago, and I can safely assume at this point that it's done.

>>17103034
I've tried to meet new people, but they never understand my personality and what I find to be humorous which only discourages me further. I meet these people, and I think to myself that the relationship will never blossom into a friendship I cherish like I have with my current friends. A friendship that I can express myself again. I've completely changed personality since I've left, and it's surprised me.
>>
you just wrote my life... im actually going to talk to a psychologist tomorrow... .-. ive been feeling down for almost a year now and i dont think i cant handle this anymore
>>
Fella, that's one of the biggest losses thing about going to college/work. You lose contact and it's just something you need to understand on your own.

They're not leaving you. You are leaving them. It's a process in growing up and you are an adult now, so, it high time you met new people.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.