[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Under what circumstances should someone without mental illness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: le_cat_brain_all.png (4 MB, 3639x2595) Image search: [Google]
le_cat_brain_all.png
4 MB, 3639x2595
Under what circumstances should someone without mental illness go see a therapist or a psychologist?
>>
>>17102913
For any reason. They're an unbiased person to dump your thoughts onto, and who will help you make sense of them. Something as simple as struggling with a job decision is a good enough reason to go to one.
>>
>>17102913
If you haven't seen a proper therapist you can't be sure you're without mental illness.

See one whenever you feel you need to see one.
>>
>>17102913

therapy is for people who do not have mentall illness. psychiatry/psychology is for those who do.

sometimes someone wiht minor mental illness will see a therapist as they just need help in general life despite their illness.

if you want to see a therapist, please do. just make sure you find one who helps guide you as opposed to try to convince you to accept what oyu hate about life.
>>
>>17102913

I never thought I had any mental disorders. I got in a terrible car accident last year and fucked up my neck. I have been having panic attacks when I am in a car and not driving. My wife suggested I try going to a psychologist.

She not only helped me with that, I just started talking to her about all kinds of shit in my life and it was the best decision I ever made. I realized a lot about myself I didn't know before. She helped me realize how I think, how my wife thinks, how I fail to communicate to her and others around me, why I get so angry sometimes and how to control it.

She literally improved my marriage, my career and my feelings of self worth. Totally worth it.
>>
File: thumbs-up-header.jpg (42 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
thumbs-up-header.jpg
42 KB, 620x372
>>17102924
Oh, good, that's kind of what I wanted actually.

>>17102930
At least nothing grave, I think. I get a lot anxiety at random times of the day (as in, palpitations, heavy breathing, stiff back and joint, that sort of shit) , but I blame that on the fact that I stopped smoking a year ago. I figure the smokes were keeping my head at ease.

>>17102943
Shit man, I'll do my best.

>>17102978
Thanks, I'll definitely think of seeing one now.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.