[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you better off dating a woman who makes more money than you,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: derp.png (224 KB, 476x490) Image search: [Google]
derp.png
224 KB, 476x490
Are you better off dating a woman who makes more money than you, about the same or less money than you?

I figure that if she makes more than you, she'll wanna trade up for a better man. If she makes less though, she may be more dependent on you for income.
>>
>>17102875
>be me
>dad's an electrician
>mom's the manager of a major company
>mom makes 2x as much as him
>happily married 30 years

it's the personality. not the paycheck.
>>
If she loves you, it's your money anyway.
>>
>>17102989
This. Some bitches want to feel secure and maybe even dominant and making less money than their partner will make them feel insecure. They will be happier dating a man who makes less because they know if shit goes south they'll always land okay and because it gives them a bit more control over the household income if things get to that point.

Whilst some women prefer to let the man worry about that shit because they're dumb whores.

Overall it's no a defining factor. So long as you make a decent living for yourself you've got a shot either way and the rest depends on the person in question.
>>
>>17102875
>>17102989
also
>be my sister
>is a hairdresser
>husband is a pilot
>husband makes far more.
>both contribute equally.

Interesting how relationships work out when people treat each other equally.
>>
>I figure that if she makes more than you, she'll wanna trade up for a better man
This argument is weak can be used to justify all kind of illogical relationship advice. Example: a person who is attractive will want to trade up so you shouldn't date attractive people. A person who is talented will want to trade up so you shouldn't date talented people. A person who is educated will want to trade up so you shouldn't date educated people. As you can see, this line of thinking makes no sense. You take a positive and you twist it into a negative just because you expect the worst out of people.
>>
>>17103024
>like poetry
>>
>>17103024
mfw /adv/ is better than TRP
>>
>>17102989
Your dad has a 10'' dong and eats pussy like a champ.
>>
>>17102875

it doesnt matter if she makes more or less money than you.

if she would leave you because she makes more money than you, then she'll leave you for ANY reason.

just focus on quality women and date htem while you can. nothign alsts forever anyway.
>>
>>17103049
Those two things usually dont go together
>>
>>17102989

this. my dad makes like 40k a year. mom makes about 70.
>>
If you're with a girl you think is going to ditch you as soon as she's out of your grasp, you shouldn't be in a relationship anyways.
>>
All that matters is how secure the guy is about it. I know some guys who'd get super butthurt and star crying about "muh suthern gentleman" if a woman he was with was halfway successful. If you're acting like a little bitch because she's doing well, of course she's going to leave you for a guy who isn't as insecure
>>
>>17102875
OP here. I am not assuming what women will do, and I believe in equality. I am just wondering if this is true or not, out of real world experience.
>>
>>17102875

>I figure that if she makes more than you, she'll wanna trade up for a better man.

>If she makes less though, she may be more dependent on you for income.

This is only applicable if you're dating a super shitty woman. Unfortunately, this being the sludge pit of /r9k/ runoff, I have to say that not all women are shitty.
>>
>>17103076

yes some women will leave a man who has less money than them. no, not all women. some.

if a womans going to leave you over that, then she'll just find another reason to 'trade up' anyway. stop focusing on making a permanent relationsihp, it doesnt exist.

wait to see how things go iwth a girl instead of just refusing to try any girl making more than you
>>
>>17103079
Found the fat chick.
>>
>>17102875
>all these people worried about trading up.

A woman of considerably more wealth than you would never date you in the first place, if she were the type of person to leave you over money.
>>
File: 1394406389224.gif (808 KB, 245x238) Image search: [Google]
1394406389224.gif
808 KB, 245x238
>>17103090

>Found the fat chick.

That doesn't even make any sense.
>>
>>17103020
almost like they like each other for the person and not the money
>>
>>17103024
A general rule of thumb does not make a logical argument.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.