[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grass and Chemical Safety?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1461924138243.jpg (26 KB, 498x412) Image search: [Google]
1461924138243.jpg
26 KB, 498x412
I asked this over on /an/, but it's a slow board so..

Hey guys, just got a quick question. We are working on our motorhome engine, and it's been leaking a lot, and part of what's leaking is anitfreeze. We are hosing down the pavement when we're done, but it's runs into the grass next to the motorhome.

If we hose the grass down pretty good, will this delute the amount of antifreeze that the grass soaks up? Will the grass even soak up the anitifreeze? I'm asking because I caught our dog out there eating some of the grass after we had cleaned up. I'm having everyone keep a close eye on her, and I have an emergency vet I can call up, but I'm worried about her eating it again later when it might have soaked some of the water up.

Should I do something else about the grass over there? Kill it maybe or cut it down with the weed-eater?
>>
Leave a container under the engine so you can dispose of the antifreeze properly, you're poisoing everyone, not just your dog.

And fix your fucking engine already, what you're doing is a crime.
>>
>>17102708
Wait, a crime? Why? We aren't near any rivers or sources of water like ponds or lakes, were just dumping it on our land and watering it down.

And I just found out that my friend has been putting it in a container and dumping it off the side of the hill where the dog doesn't really go, but I'm going to water that down too.
>>
>>17102703
all anti freeze is toxic to dogs. the dog is atracted to it because of its bright colour.

back flush your motor and radiator with just water: to get rid of the rusty brown water the leak will be hose or leaking seal or a the worst hole in radiator or water pump. if there water in the oil you have blown a head gasket(s)
>>
>>17102722

You are an asshole. You cannot dump chemicals onto your property because it can leak into groundwater which flows to other water sources that may get picked up by other peoples wells and city wells. It can also end up polluting rivers and streams killing wildlife.

Take your used motor oil, batteries and chemicals to a proper disposal place. Most garages and auto parts shops will take stuff like that from you.
>>
>>17102834
Oh...well jeezus christ dude we didn't know. I've actually tried taking motor oil to our dump before and they said they didn't take that shit and made me feel like an idiot about it. It was a pretty embarrassing instance actually, it would be kind of nice to go back in there and ask for the manager if they try that shit again.

I honestly thought that if you watered it down though it wouldn't do too much to the plants. I thought pills flushed down the toilet were a worse problem.
>>
>>17103462
what you're doing is exactly the same as flushing pills down the toilet, just washing the antifreeze so you can't see it anymore doesn't mean it magically goes away, it just seeps into the groundwater where it poisons everyone.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.