[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a very bad habit of thinking that any girl that is nice/friendly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: FB_IMG_1461439807453.jpg (46 KB, 516x400) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1461439807453.jpg
46 KB, 516x400
I have a very bad habit of thinking that any girl that is nice/friendly towards me, (and as long as I'm attracted to her) that she's flirting and/or interested in me.

There's a girl I go to school with now that talks to me every day, and is always awkwardly flagging me down to get my attention and talk about stuff. She usually talks about the same stuff every conversation and it's kinda boring desu. I wish she'd talk about different stuff than school, work, because when she does she's fun to talk to.

Anywho, my first thoughts are that this girl likes me, but then I have to take a step back and realize some girls are just friendly people. What signs should I look for before I ask her out? I don't want to ask her out only to realize she was just being nice so I can make our friendship awkward

Pic unrelated
>>
>>17102265
>I have a very bad habit of thinking that any girl that is nice/friendly towards me, (and as long as I'm attracted to her) that she's flirting and/or interested in me.
This is common among geeks, or really any men who aren't used to gettung attention from women. I used to have it too. Got me in a lot of trouble. You wouldn't want to get out the way I did.

But you've got to decide for yourself whether or not to ask her out, and -this is the tricky part- if you decide to keep the friendship, you've got to establish some distance so that your feelings can cool. Unrequited love is bad for the psyche. We can't help you on the initial question. That's a judgment you have to make alone.
>>
File: Believe.jpg (64 KB, 564x540) Image search: [Google]
Believe.jpg
64 KB, 564x540
>>17102425
>This is common among geeks, or really any men who aren't used to gettung attention from women. I used to have it too. Got me in a lot of trouble.
Thankfully many of us compensate for it by assuming no woman could ever be interested in us
>>
>>17102425

You're fucking dumb

>>17102801

You're fucking dumb too.

>>17102265

Are you telling me you don't flirt back? Ask her out numb nuts. Don't look for or wait for any signs. Just go at it.
>>
Be more open with her and give her time. I literally had the exact same thing happen with a girl I was 100% liked me, I didn't think much of her at the time and was quite distant. Now she's dating someone else and I'm left thinking what could have been. Don't be like me anon, grab the opportunity!
>>
File: 1399607317238.gif (2 MB, 348x323) Image search: [Google]
1399607317238.gif
2 MB, 348x323
>>17102265

>What signs should I look for before I ask her out?

Stop taking the bait and start setting the traps. What I mean by this is tentatively feeling a girl out in an attempt to avoid rejection is a real stupid way to date. If you like her, ask her out. Thats it.

If she says no, deflects or says anything other than yes she's not into you. Being sheepish and pretending to be her friend so you can feel her out is time consuming and futile.

>I don't want to ask her out only to realize she was just being nice so I can make our friendship awkward

So you don't want to ask her out and get rejected? Too bad. Thats what dating is. Get used to it.

Also, again, stop using the friendship avenue to try to slip into being romantic. I can assure you that 80% of the men in your average girls life are just hanging on the side being "friendly" and buddy-buddy just waiting for their opportunity to pounce while in the meantime she never dates any of them because she's too busy fucking the guys that come up to her, tell her she's beautiful and ask her out.

Stop being coy. Ask her out. At the very least, if she's friendly, she won't be cruel when she turns you down.
>>
>>17102425
>I used to have it too. Got me in a lot of trouble. You wouldn't want to get out the way I did.
Not OP but how did you get out of it?
>>
>>17102823
OK so how do I go about asking her out?
>>
>>17102895
>I think you're really cute, would you want to hang out sometime? There's this really cool (x) that I'd like to take you to/do with you probably on (y date)
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.