[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend isn't pretty. She's sweet and loving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1436635137169.jpg (310 KB, 1440x960) Image search: [Google]
1436635137169.jpg
310 KB, 1440x960
My girlfriend isn't pretty. She's sweet and loving and nice and I care about her dearly, but she isn't pretty. I look at other girls and sometimes I wish I was with them. I know it is petty and vain and immature and stupid. Sometimes I feel near physical pain when I see a beautiful woman, knowing I won't ever come home to someone as beautiful.

Even if I wasn't with my gf, I probably would never be able to get a pretty girlfriend anyway, so it doesn't make sense to break up just because she isn't attractive.

How do I accept this and just love her? I want to stop wishing I was with a gorgeous woman. Pic related: a gorgeous woman.
>>
>>17102128
pretty vs. nice.
A dilemma as old as time itself.

Want a hot girl who's a bitch or a homely one who cares about you. Your call. Keep that in mind.
If it gets too bad - break up.

Your call.
>>
>>17102148
I don't think I can even get a hot girl who's bitchy. Even if I did, I'd choose nice anyway. I just want to stop the hopeless feeling I get; wishing I had a prettier girlfriend.
>>
Boo fucking hoo.
>>
>>17102128
Well how ugly are we talking here, and how do you look like yourself ?

And how much appealing are you ? (Body as much as your personality)
>>
>>17102168
I'm probably like a 7, 8 on a good day, but i dont tend to do well with women so im really more like a 5. She's maybe a 5 or a 4. The worst thing is she's fat and her breasts look like they belong on a woman 30 years older.

I don't think I want to break up with her. It would be a mistake. She can turn me on for sex so it isn't like she's unfuckable, she cares for me, and she's sweet. The problem is more when I see someone else. I just get this sinking feeling. Sometimes if I see a pretty girl, my heart flutters. I just wish my girlfriend gave me that feeling.
>>
>>17102128
the only thing i can think of that you could possibly do is start putting a lot more work into your own looks and see how she responds.

if you aren't willing to do that type of work (dieting, some working out, more phys activity, more money spent on clothing, more time spent making sure you wear nice shit that goes together, etc etc etc)

then just love her for what she is
>>
>>17102197
So physically you're ok, but not good with women ? Sure you're not boring/weird? Cause you could try to fond someone else.. Sounds to me you're comfortable with her but not in love..

Even when it's been several year, I don't imagine looking at other girls and thinking "meh, wish mine was like them" ... Think about it, and please don't be afraid to be alone
>>
>>17102128
Stop being so fucking shallow
Your older self will thank you
That gorgeous chick?
She'll only be pretty for a few years
But she'll be a bitch forever
>>
Dude, anon, break up with her, if not for your sake than for hers. There is no point in being in a relationship if you don't give a shit about someone and at least mostly like what they have to offer other than "being nice." It's just going to turn into resentment down the line.
>>
File: 1423695504734.gif (497 KB, 349x262) Image search: [Google]
1423695504734.gif
497 KB, 349x262
>>17102128

Regardless of the reason you find her unattractive you shouldn't be with someone you're not attracted to.

I will tell you, however, that the older you get the more you're going to have to come to terms with the "grass is always greener" approach to dating that young guys have.

Breaking up with a girl you're happy with because there might be a hotter, better girl around the corner is excusable in your younger years but don't let yourself get trapped into this pattern into your later years because it will bite you in the ass.

I doubt how much you care about her deeply because if you really did I don't think you'd be here talking about her this way. Maybe its time to move on and gain a little bit more experience and perspective on dating before you lock yourself into something you're obviously very unsure of.
>>
>>17102161
This.
>>
>>17102128
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nBSPHe1RCc
>>
>>17102197

Go to the gym together. A better posture and loss of weight will fix both of those things easily. A more upright/shoulder's back stance, firmer skin, and more built up shoulder/pectoral muscles will lift her breasts and she'll be a more svelte shape.

If the grass is greener on the other side, it means you're not watering your lawn.
>>
>>17103132

Btw, the pretty girls you see also aren't necessarily perfect. They might have a lumpy ass or saggy tits, a giant ugly birthmark, or a really weird ugly pussy. If you spend enough time with someone you will always find flaws.

The girl you posted has a decent-ish body shape and has good makeup on while posing in front of a good photographer.

Is there nothing you like about your gf physically? I'll bet that your gf would look close to that photo with the same amount of makeup and minus 20lbs.
>>
Not sure how you would bring this up to her, but maybe inspire her to do some things that may help her appearance?

For example, most people could look much better than they do if they just, say, got a nice haircut, learned to do a bit of makeup well, changed up their clothing style, exercised, etc.
>>
>>17102128
Do you mean not pretty as in really bad looking or just kinda average/not conventionally beautiful.

I had this same struggle, my solution around it was seeing the beauty in people, rather than comparing them to others and whining about what the others have that they don't. The interesting side effect of this has been that I feel really humbled by other people now, I'm intimidated by them almost to the point that I wonder if I'm good enough for them. That's not necessarily an extreme you want to be on though, granted it might encourage you to exert effort in the relationships you have now.
>>
>>17102148
Actually, the dilemma is
>sexy
>sane
>single
>pick two
>>
>>17103292

Go away bar floor philosopher
>>
>>17103147

Lol, he was saying the chick in the photo is the kind of pretty girl he stares at, not what his girlfriend his like.

His girlfriend has saggy old woman boobs and is ugly. Working out ain't gonna fix those.
>>
If you want to be happy for the rest of your life
never make a pretty woman your wife
>>
I understand you, i am not a pretty girl and i am always the second or third option to guys. Every boyfriend i ever had always developed a crush on a prettier girl and struggled with the fact that i wasn't pretty, some because they couldn't show me off, some because they liked sex better with hot girls.
I honestly think you should break up with her. She deserves someone better for her. Someone who actually appreciates her. I really hope there are guys who can actually love us uggos and not leave or cheat with the hotties. But you know, alone is good too.
>>
File: 1400075260356.png (219 KB, 604x537) Image search: [Google]
1400075260356.png
219 KB, 604x537
>>17102128
At least you probably won't have to worry about her cheating or guys flirting with her.
>>
I'm in the same situation, have been for 2 years now, leaving her in a few days once we're done with our uni exams. Took me a long time to get to this point but at the end of the day you gotta live your own life to make yourself as happy as possible, If you're like me and you just think "oh fuck I would fuck her so hard" at pretty much every acceptable looking girl you see just because you're so frustrated that's no life to live. I mean if you've been putting up with this it shows you're not a bad guy, plus she'll get over it one way or another, and if she doesn't its not your fault. Don't set yourself on fire to keep someone else warm.
>>
>>17103704
This anon again, forgot to say it depends what age you are. I'm still a teenager (just) but if you're older it might not be a good idea, since you might end up lonely since younger chicks won't go for you unless you're some kind of fuckin Don Draper or a sugar daddy (that's a shit relationship too imo) and older ones will either not be single or be cray-cray.
>>
File: Don25.jpg (214 KB, 345x336) Image search: [Google]
Don25.jpg
214 KB, 345x336
>>17103714
>younger chicks won't go for an older man
>>
>>17102128
Of course no one is going to tell you this here so I'll do:

Leave the sweet gf at home, book a business trip to a university city while you're still young, ideally with another guy you can trust.

Make sure it's far away, preferably in another country in case you live in Europe.

Spend 3-4 days going out, getting slightly drunk and mingle with the young crowd. If you can manage to show some confidence and you have a wingman you'll end up banging one or two of the girls you would define as hot.

You'll most likely realize that literally 5 seconds after your orgasm you won't want to be with the pretty girl anymore and just go home. If you still want to be with her after sex, stay with her for the rest of your trip. If by the end of the trip you're still not convinced that home is better, you should go home and break up with your girlfriend.

Sure, it's cheating, but you'll end up doing so anyways OR make your girlfriend feel uncomfortable when you're eying up people all day. She won't ever know so she won't get hurt by it.
>>
Even if you could land a prettier girl you could give her maybe 10 years and then what... trade HER in?

anyway, depending on how old you are just get out there and fuck around, once you get buttblasted enough times you can go whimpering back for the old salt assuming she hasn't found another beta to jerk around
>>
>>17103735
That's a fucked up thing to do.

OP make the decision to either stay or go, but don't cheat, if you love/have ever loved her don't hurt her like that.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.