[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what happened to the neet threads from here? i need you guys ;__;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1441421342819.png (463 KB, 743x720) Image search: [Google]
1441421342819.png
463 KB, 743x720
what happened to the neet threads from here? i need you guys ;__;
>>
Not a whole lot of people were posting. I might bring them back in a retooled state.
What's going on, anon?
>>
what are neet threads?
>>
>>17102152
>he wasn't around for late 2015/extra early 2016
Come on, man, even I know this shit.

If not, go to 4plebs and look them up for yourself. They are often in blue/pink material backgrounds. It's just neets chilling and giving each other advice of fellow neethood.
>>
>>17102097
Sorry, m8. They weren't sustaining themselves past 40 posts. >>>/soc/ has a pretty OK NEET thread.
>>
Not a NEET, and I never participated in those threads, but it seems to me that having a thread for them just enables their behavior. Instead of going out and doing something with their lives, it allows them to sit around posting in a NEET thread 24/7
>>
>>17102171
sry i dont spend 24/7 on 4chan lol
>>
File: 1459092422451.jpg (225 KB, 922x678) Image search: [Google]
1459092422451.jpg
225 KB, 922x678
>>17102097
NEET is those that don't study don't work right?
I'm 47, ... I studied, but don't wanna work anymore.
That's as close as I can relate to this.
Maybe quitting job tomorrow. Life is to glorious (movie quote) to spend in front of a computer (irony here?)
random pic
>>
>>17102111
it's been a year and i'm feeling down. i thought they'd be back by now
>>
>>17102330
A year since what?
>>
>>17102352
since the threads went away
>>
>>17102314
Neet stands for not in education employment or training, it's a term from the British census.
>>
>>17102097

i miss them too
>>
>>17102263

There were some good things that came from the thread, it wasn't all bad. On the flip side there was a lot of drama manufactured from it that negated most of those good things.
>>
>>17102097
We live in a society where automation provides most material needs, and we can easily see how the vast majority of cognitive tasks are going to be automated in the very near future.

The industry base, if you are American or European, has dwindled and been outsourced or automated to the point where even skilled labor is at a shortage, and highly skilled labor is in so much supply, the rat race has turned utterly fucking feral as people turn on each other and devour them in hopes of attaining a vaguely permanent position.

One can hardly blame people for recognizing the futility of the Malthusian framework of equating production with human fulfillment, and we are beginning to understand that actually communicating and sharing with each other is actually more important than we have ever thought.

So, consider that being NEET is not something we should necessarily see as a failure or point of judgment, but rather the functional consequence of a society that has achieved the ability to provide the material needs to so many citizens, we literally just don't know what to do with ourselves.

Shit's changing, people. We need to evolve.

And before anyone asks, I'm actually the literal opposite of NEET (in terms of >>17102407's helpful explanation of the acronym), so don't bother with the ad hominem bullshit that everyone seems to want to knee-jerk with.
>>
File: 1385895523713.png (148 KB, 355x253) Image search: [Google]
1385895523713.png
148 KB, 355x253
>>
>>17102617
Given the proliferation of online programs for bachelor's and even master's degrees, there is really no reason for anybody to be a NEET. If they don't want to go flip burgers, hell even if they don't want to step foot out of their apartment, then they should at least be getting an education.
>>
>>17103424
NEETs lack the motivation to do anything other than rot away in their homes. It's not a matter of opportunities. It's a matter of mental illness preventing them from seeking opportunities.
>>
>>17103424
Education does not lead to employment, There aren't enough jobs for everyone in the country.

I would rather a NEET just be a NEET then have someone waste hundreds of hours of public resources teaching the NEET skills he'll never use in a job that doesn't exist.
>>
>>17102365
They ran through January of this year with me OP'ing about a quarter of the later threads.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.