[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whenever my girlfriend is mad at me she will only speak to me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: smiley-150548_960_720.png (192 KB, 735x720) Image search: [Google]
smiley-150548_960_720.png
192 KB, 735x720
Whenever my girlfriend is mad at me she will only speak to me in Norwegian (she's from Norway). How can I get her to stop doing this? I can't understand Norwegian.
>>
File: 1314766938836.png (84 KB, 291x294) Image search: [Google]
1314766938836.png
84 KB, 291x294
kek, she's saying the meanest, most vile shit to you in Norwegian.
>>
Also: do you know why she might be doing it? She won't tell me.
>>
>>17102033
Dump her while you still have your youth.

I know this is the first response but I guarantee it's the right one.
>>
>>17102038
Really? It doesn't sound like it, it sounds almost like she's singing when she does it desu.

>>17102040
I don't want to dump her because whenever she's not mad at me things are great.
>>
>>17102033
Nice. This way you won't hear shit from another thread:
My ex was better at sex than you have ever.

Just be glad she can vent her frustration without hurting your emotions. In pay you can go at her in another language.
Unless you are USA who can use only freedom English.
>>
>>17102044
>Really? It doesn't sound like it, it sounds almost like she's singing when she does it desu.

Of course it does. You can say rotten, awful shit to someone in a foreign language, and as long as you keep a friendly sounding lilt in your voice, people tend not to catch on.

>Look at your dog, and say mean shit to it, but keep that happy, "we're buddies" voice while doing so.

Catch my drift?
>>
>>17102138
I guess so. It just doesn't seem like the sort of thing she'd do, though. Too underhanded and deceitful for her.
>>
>>17102033
Secretly learn Norwegian and then surprise her.
>>
>>17102033
How long does she do it for? Does she wait for you to apologise for whatever made her mad, or does she just do it for a minute?
>>
>>17102239
Maybe half a day at most. I usually apologise but she sometimes keeps going afterward.
>>
>>17102221
Do this and tell her in Norwegian "Shut up and suck my dick".

She'll get all wet that you took the time to learn her language.
>>
File: 8F7KeHU.gif (3 MB, 280x208) Image search: [Google]
8F7KeHU.gif
3 MB, 280x208
>>17102221
This is legit the only correct answer.
>>
>>17102221
>>17102248
fucking sweet ideas
>>
That sounds hot, desu, op, quit being a control freak and demanding to know everything she says
>>
>>17102221
This. If she's from Norway and she's speaking Norwegian, there's not much else tou can do. People revert to their native tongue in times of stress; it's a simple fact of human psychology. You do it too; you just don't notice it because your native tongue happens to be the same as the language you speak most of the time. If you were living in a country that doesn't speak your native language, you'd notice.
>>
>>17102033
Think of it this way - how often do you think terrible shit that you don't say? That's basically what she's doing, but she's just saying it in a language you don't speak.

So, you can't get her to stop doing it, nor should you - it's probably therapeutic for her. What you should do is recognize that she's telling you that she's not ready to talk about whatever it is, but she doesn't want to do the whole "silent treatment" thing, so you just have to give her time.

Of course, you could always ask her when she's in a better mood to teach you some things in Norwegian.

Remember - where there's a Nor-will, there's a Nor-way.

I hate myself already for that pun.
>>
whenever she does that you just have to laught , she will stop
>>
>>17102505
Ah yes, the Harry flashman school of language.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.