[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like a terrible fucking person. If someone walked up and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
I feel like a terrible fucking person.
If someone walked up and shot in the fucking head right now I'd feel like I deserved it.
STORY TIME!
I was driving down a road I'd been down thousands of times, going what I thought was the speed limit (rural area no signs), then I see a fucking dog chasing a god damned cat towards the road and I slam on the brakes and lay on the horn trying to swerve away from the dog and cat. The brakes on my truck are complete shit so of course I didn't stop in time and I hit the fucking cat. Now I would be fine if that's all that happened, you know, it's just a cat. But two little fucking kids were in the yard when it happened and saw the whole damn thing. When I got my truck stopped I fucking U-turned to go back and saw the cat twitching on the road with the kids screaming and crying. I will never fucking forget that. I jump out my truck and what I assume was their dad was walking up to the road so I go talk to him. Thank God he was nice as he was or else I would have fucking broke down and cried right there in the street, he told me I was going far too fast down a road with kids playing on it and I agreed with him because I just fucking killed his cat. Then he asked me if I would take it off somewhere and bury and I say yes do so.
I don't think I can ever drive that road again. I just feel so bad about it. I still can't get the kids screams out of my head.
>>
that is indeed shocking and unfortunate but listen man at least you stopped and didn't just drive off laughing like some people really would do in that situation.

i have cats and honestly it would be fucking devastating if one ever got hit by a car and we're all adults, so i can imagine those screams you heard...

just be glad you have a conscience and can feel empathy.
>>
>>17101542
You're not a terrible person, you'd be terrible if you intentionally hit the cat or didn't do anything to avoid hitting it. You did all you could, and the fact that you went back and buried it is commendable, I don't know if I would do that I'd probably freak out. It's a horrible thing to have happened but it was an accident and it doesn't make you a bad person.
>>
>>17101554
btw if you buried the cat did you make sure it was fully dead before burying it? i assume it got badly hurt but if it was twitching it was still alive. cats are highly intelligent and very emotional animals, maybe you aren't aware of that, but as someone with cats i don't see much difference between killing and burying alive a kid than a cat. i hope you showed some sort of respect, like apologized to the cat as you buried it. cats just wanna live out their lives healthily and happily like we do. they feel the slightest breeze on their hair, you better believe that cat felt tremendous agony being hit by your truck
>>
>>17101569
By the time I had gotten it to where I buried it, it was completely limp and had blood pouring out of its mouth so I'm pretty sure it was dead.
>>
>>17101577
i read a story once where someone's cat got hit by a car and he thought it died so he buried it... a few days later the cat shows up at his door all scraggly and weak, the thing wasn't fully dead and woke up and dug itself out of the grave and went back home.

cats, man...
>>
Well the kids are traumatized for life, but hey, that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes. Get your brakes fixed
>>
>>17101542

Look at it this way, OP. If it were me, and those were my kids

>I'd probably be grateful because I hate cats
>I'd probably be grateful because now my kids probably know damn well not to run out into the road.

You may have saved their lives with that lesson, ya know.
>>
If I'm on a single lane road with no speed limit signs I generally just assume the speed limit is 30.
>>
>>17101569
>i hope you showed some sort of respect, like apologized to the cat as you buried it.
Wtf am I reading, cats can't understand English, much less a dead cat.
>>
>>17101688
They watched too many disney movies and believe that whole thing about apologizing to dead animals.
>>
>>17101542
op you typical filthy fucking hit and run negger
>>
Yes, you fucked up but it wasn't just you. That dogs owner shouldn't let it wander, it chased a cat into the street and animals aren't suppose to be in the road. You fucked up by speeding, more so with shitty brakes, but they fucked up by letting a dog wander near a road with cats about. Lots of people fucked up, a cat died, some kids and hopefully you learnt something. Learn and be better.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.