[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I Fucking Hate All of You: Electric Boogaloo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 3243.jpg (41 KB, 601x367) Image search: [Google]
3243.jpg
41 KB, 601x367
This is going to be a long rant. Congratulations if you manage to read the whole thing.

In the last 200 years, we've become more technologically advanced than we've been in the entirety of our existence, and we will only continue to snowball as time goes on. The world population went from 1 billion to 6 billion. We're changing at an incredible pace. It's truly an exhilarating time to be alive, as we're on the cusp of the most powerful era of humanity. We live in a time that no other living creature on this planet has ever experienced or been able to comprehend, unlike any other era.

And with it comes the death of society as we've grown to know and love it.

Here's a thought; have you watched a genuinely entertaining, funny, or interesting commercial [it's not just commercials that are guilty of this, it's virtually all media] in the past decade? With each passing year they've become progressively more homogeneous and boring. Due to the current nature of (western especially) society, advertisers try their damn hardest to tick these boxes:

Not offensive to any race/gender/religion/identity/etc
Relevant to this era/generation

(cont...)
>>
(2/3)
The latter shouldn't be an issue–after all, we are more likely to enjoy media we can relate to. It has evidently worked wonderfully in the past. The problem lies within **what** is relatable. Take a look around you, and you'll realize society has become very, very boring. You'll notice everyone is glued to their phones/laptops/tablets, engaging with each other indirectly. Culture is no longer being shaped by the world around us, it's becoming homogenized and compressed into one disgusting melting pot. The future is rapidly becoming less about enjoying life, more about feeding egos. Not to mention, everyone is walking on eggshells trying to not offend one another, adopting a "live and let live" mentality. Millennials were raised with the ubiquitous notion that "everyone is unique, beautiful, special" and just as deserving of a good life as everyone else.

To illustrate my point, imagine Seinfeld–a notoriously successful sitcom–and shape the plot of an episode so that it could be relevant to this decade.
>>
(3/3)
Would you watch Seinfeld if it revolved around Jerry & friends talking about how many retweets they got, or what they saw on instagram? If Jerry started using youtube as a platform for his stand-up routine? What if Elaine met someone on tinder and they turned out to be catfishing her? What a gag, right? Ah but wait, it doesn't stop there! A new character would be introduced to the show, to add diversity. A strong, fat person of indistinguishable gender and race. But that's not diverse enough, is it? Let's add a character of every race, culture, and religion. Ensure they all get enough screen time, shove their "progressiveness" down the throats of viewers. Every episode would revolve around the same concepts and the same restrictions.

Fucking horrendous, innit? What's even more horrendous is that this is already happening.

I'm having a hard time putting this into words, if you couldn't already tell. I just want to ask you, /adv/, am I the only one that has a big fucking problem with current society?
>>
Hows being 17 treating you?
>>
TESTIFY, bruh!

Or, to make it brief -- Millennials suck they're ruined and horrible and Prince is dead so anyone who remembers when life was GOOD (i.e. pre-9/11) should kill themselves or resign themselves to the current sad state of society.
>>
/adv/ rule three

the problem is with your own misanthropic world view and not with society, social media has changed nothing about humanity simply made it easier to see certain fundamental elements of the human condition like a need for attention.

Your edgy rant btw has its origins in a lack of fulfillment in that regard.
>>
>>17101379
The choice to consume media and culture is yours alone.
>>
>>17101375
Ranting isn't what this board is for, manchild mcfuckface. Go post this on /b/ or /r9k/, or at least in the shitty 'rant' threads that pop up on here.

You're far too unimportant to deserve your own thread
>>
People who can't remember what life was life before it became a giant super-suckfest of neckbeards and tattooed fat chicks gawking at themselves inside their fucking phones and not knowing how to dance or socialize beyond the level of a lunchtime stripper or a 2nd grader … well, they have nothing to work toward because to them this is normal.

Kids, this is NOT NORMAL!!!!
>>
>>17101393
Oh I'm sorry, I realize this thread is much lower quality than "guise how do i get a gf" or "why are all women horrible". Forgive me, all-mighty anon.
>>
Tl;Dr lol
>>
Man how's high school treating you OP?
>>
>>17101393
Millennials are not only ignorant of history pre- Backstreet Boys, but I've noticed that these pussy-whipped dipshits are actually hostile to the act of learning what a shitfest their life is. Understandable, really.
>>
File: fucking creeps.png (1 MB, 577x768) Image search: [Google]
fucking creeps.png
1 MB, 577x768
>>17101405
they're actually asking for advice, you are not

this thread is like going to /a/ to talk about japanese video games and when they tell you to fuck off to /v/ you say OH I'M SORRY, I REALIZE THIS THREAD IS MUCH LOWER QUALITY THAN "LATEST JOJO CHAPTER" OR "GUYS CHECK OUT THIS SHITTY PEDOSHIT" FORGIVE ME, ALL-MIGHTY ANON.
>>
>>17101425
>implying there have never been threads on /adv/ that didn't inherently ask for advice

What is this >>17098421 thread about then you fucking twat?
>>
>>17101425
JoJo is always relevant.
>>
File: save the planet.jpg (46 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
save the planet.jpg
46 KB, 500x347
>>17101445
>other people are being cancerous so that means I should be cancerous too!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.