[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Organising my travel myself for the first time. I'm going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: r6rxbm3.jpg (162 KB, 800x511) Image search: [Google]
r6rxbm3.jpg
162 KB, 800x511
Organising my travel myself for the first time. I'm going to Central Asia and it's quite expensive so I want to make sure I haven't forgotten anything.

Flight tickets
Airline specific stuff (baggage etc)
Hotel booking
Vaccines
Travel insurance

So, have I forgotten anything?
>>
>>17101369
How about a passport and ransom money?
>>
>>17101383
I've got a passport (practically everyone in my country does). I did remember that I need a visa.

I still need to find out the best place to get foreign currency from.
>>
>>17101395
>the best place to get foreign currency from
A currency exchange.
>>
>>17101395
go to your bank and get some traveler's checks, all banks and money changers will take them, many hotels as well

depending on your home country it might be simpler to just go with your home currency or go to a money exchange before you leave and get a bit of pocket money in the currency of the country you're going to. But if you're not from Russia or India most money changers probably won't have a large supply of Uzbekistani Som just lying around.
>>
>>17101402
>>17101408

Google maps shows me about 25 currency exchanges nearby, so I'll check those out later.
>>
>>17101369
You forgot to not go. I've a rule that I will never travel to a country where I would be afraid to go to prison: i.e. Second and third world shitholes. Source: I've been in jail on two continents.
>>
>>17101419
just give them a call first and find out if they have the currency you want
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.