[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My voice sounds like shit, any advice on how to fix it? Her
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1458855252600.png (417 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1458855252600.png
417 KB, 500x700
My voice sounds like shit, any advice on how to fix it?

Here's a sample with my shitty laptop mic, I don't think I sound like this but I apparently do.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0S2ryCXT27U
>>
>>17100853
bump.
>>
>>17100853

yeah you sound kidn of retarded. if you ahve the money consider investing in actual speech therapy. if not, consider googling 'how to change my voice' etc. its mostly for people with accents, but you can too.

my voice is too high. so i purposely lower it. dont do anything other that just talk lower. one person asked why my voice sounded different, said i had a sore throat over the weekend. now its just my voice.
>>
>>17100853
From where do you originate?. I too know the horrors of a shitty voice even if others say lots ok
>>
>>17100853
You sound like someone from HomeStarRunner
>>
>>17100989
Central Florida where all the tourists and Puerto Ricans are but I was homeschooled and talking with other people outside of my family was kind of an infrequent occurrence but I did have some friends.

>>17100986
Ha thanks for the honesty and yeah don't have the cash for that but I'll try the rusty old google route.

>>17100994
Fuck, I really do.
>>
It's not the worst American accent I've heard. It does sound like you need to swallow and put a bit of effort into speaking clearly. What happens if you try to read like a newscaster?

Anyway, it's not something that you need to worry about really.
>>
>>17101029
im im central florida too
pls be my friend
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s11EuHlfFqUN
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ezwRaInLpr
skinny as fuck white dude reporting
>>
you sound like a fucking idiot anon
Alright, I'm done being cheeky. Try swallowing more, maybe.
>>
you sound like you have a really lazy mouth

seconding speech therapy
>>
>>17100853
Voices are weird, and people react differently to them. I think your voice is fine - you were clearly reading copypasta, so it wasn't the same voice you would use if you were, say, arguing for something you believed in, but it's a perfectly good voice, and you don't need any speech therapy or anything.

That being said, if you want to change your voice, there are various warm-ups and exercises you can to to train it to sound like you want it to. But first, you'd have to figure out whose voice you want to have, and then search for "how to sound like x" on You Tube or something, and listen to hours of voice training people.

In general, try to speak from the diaphragm (the area between your ribs and above your stomach) and make sure you stop to breathe properly.

You should research "elocution" for more information because that's what it's called.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.