[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i stop being nervous?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: o_o.gif (71 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
o_o.gif
71 KB, 255x255
So, im 19 and in 2 days i will have my final exams. They include oral presentation (random topic). Point is that im totally socialy retarded. Im fucking sweating and my stomach hurts already. How do i kill the feeling of fear and anxiety? Im pretty much dead inside beside these two.
>>
Maybe you can ask friends or family member if they can help you practice? Just give the oral to them like you would in front of a class. It's not exactly the same but it's a good start. You could do it outside in a public space like a park. The key to everything is practice.
>>
>>17100760
I have no family / friends
>>
If you just approach it normally (usually a topic which you just talk through) and don't do anything crazy, you'll come across as bland and completely normal. The chance of someone actually remembering your presentation is small if everyone in the class is doing it. I don't even remember my friends presenting their projects nevermind anyone else.
>>
>>17100748
Find a wall panel or something and state at it during the presentation, it'll make you look like you're looking at the crowd, drink a whole bottle of water before hand and take deep breathes. Post a vocaroo and I can give more tips.
>>
>>17100760
I dont want to ask my family for favors and got no real friends
>>17100776
Pretty much this
>>17100780
Its just that i get topic 15 minutes before it and i cant change/pick the better one, and im freaking out ill get something i have no idea about
>>17100785
I would practise if i actually had any idea what should i practise.
Also there will not be a crowd, like 2 examinators and one person who will be next.
Im afraid that i will go total assburger and my voice will just start breaking, i also have this weird thing when im nervous, i sudenly lose all air in my lungs and it makes weird noise.
>>
>>17100918
Also examinators wont be teachers i know, which makes it even worse, im probably on the spectrum desu
>>
File: blind1.jpg (11 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
blind1.jpg
11 KB, 320x213
I was shy, too, once. First time I ever delivered a talk at an academic conference, I started practicing mannerisms and delivery in front of a mirror for an hour or two the night before. It wasn't a random topic, obviously, but where I got stumped in the Q&A, I framed the answer in my head, and it was like I was on autopilot giving my answer, but I used the mannerisms I had practiced- walking around, handwaving, etc.

I actually really enjoy public speaking, now, though I barfed a lot before the first couple of times. You'll learn how to deal by dealing.
>>
>>17100748
amphetamines
they give these things out to college kids like candy on halloween
>>
>>17100947
If only it was true
>>17100944
But i have no time to practise, and im as concerned with getting bad topis as with my shyness. Also if i fail it ill just become shut in neet, by the end of the year my parents will kick me out of the house and ill die on a street shooting crack up my cockvein
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.