[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get rid of shitty christian morality (raised in catholic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (152 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
152 KB, 746x982
How do I get rid of shitty christian morality (raised in catholic family, now atheist, but morality still is there) and extensive empathy?
Each time I want to do anything controversial, I question myself and in the end I do nothing.
I don't want it to stay like this forever.
>>
>>17100040
should read nietzsche, in alot of his books he explains how the christian morality in embedded in society and he explains how to over come it. i havent read all of his books but from what i can recall from ones i have read, he talks about it quite alot in, on the Genealogy of Morals.
>>
You shouldn't be upset that you have a conscience. If you question yourself when society doesn't, it doesn't necessarily make it a bad thing.
>>
File: image.png (38 KB, 853x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
38 KB, 853x600
>>17100040

Is this satirical shitposting?
>>
>>17100060
why would you think this is shit posting? Christianity has strongly influenced the morals advocated by society.
>>
>>17100060
Are we fucking /b/?
I don't fucking care whether God or does not exist, I just want to get rid of this fucking morality which limits me from being free and stops me from action.
>>
>>17100072
How does it limit you from being free?
>>
File: marcAurGods.jpg (80 KB, 736x460) Image search: [Google]
marcAurGods.jpg
80 KB, 736x460
>>17100040
You are the stereotype people are thinking of when they talk shit about atheists.

Pic related, nigger.
>>
>>17100156
eh, /pol/tards even here.
Well, when people talk shit about atheists, they mostly think of 'le no proofs of god'
What did Aurelius think of good life? What's good?
>>17100122
Questioning myself each time I want to do something.
>>
>>17100175
>What's good?
We each have to decide that for ourselves.
And "extensive empathy" isn't something to get rid of: there's another good aurelius quote on how every man's reason should lead him to treat others with kindness.
Empathy aids reason by helping us see situations through others' eyes as well as our own.

>Questioning myself each time I want to do something.
Is this a bad thing? Shouldn't you always question your course of action before going through with it?
>>
Christian morality is literally the only worthwhile thing in the whole system. It works well in keeping a society together, and the average member of it reasonably happy, or at least not miserable, if accepted by everybody.

As for what is good and evil; take killing a baby at one end, saving a life on the other, and extrapolate. It is mostly about causing and preventing suffering, but obviously not so simple.
>>
>>17100175
>How does it limit you from being free?

>>17100122
>Questioning myself each time I want to do something.
That's not limiting your freedom. You are still free to act; you're just thinking about your actions before going through with them, which isn't bad or limited at all.

Or did you think "freedom" just meant acting on whim and/or fashion? That's not freedom; that's being an animal.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.