[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I can't talk to people. It's not really what they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: skller.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
skller.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
So I can't talk to people.
It's not really what they say what bothers me it's what I say.
I'll chat serious or vent to someone on the internet and even if they do reply I feel like my feelings are just so stupid.
If I talk to someone in real life like a close relative or my one friend I just feel so awkward and I want to get away.
The only way I can speak to people is if I treat everything like a joke and even that makes me look bad.
When other people get serious I feel super awkward and try to lighten things up but I just look like an idiot.
This has caused me to want to become a shut-in I can't handle my thoughts when I'm around people.
What do??
>>
>>17099720
Therapy.
>>
I tried that too.
I felt extremely uncomfortable that someone was prying into my head. Probably worse than talking to people ever was.
I felt like I needed to escape immediately.
I feel like help at this point is unreachable.
This is sort of my last resort.
>>
>>17099770
The point of therapy is to let someone pry into your head. Figure out how you work and work with you to help normalize the situation. Try harder
>>
I have this to. I make everything a ''joke'' when talking..Its like i dont know how the world works
>>
File: alone2.jpg (48 KB, 500x574) Image search: [Google]
alone2.jpg
48 KB, 500x574
>>17099720
This is a form of something called social anxiety.
I have a similar problem (OP from >>17099655 here).

I was just like you as a kid. Always joking and laughing, no serious conversation.
Other kids would always tell me that I was annoying, that i should stop bothering people, stop following them around/tagging along with people outside of my friend group (when i thought they were my friends), that i was awkward, a geeky loser, that nobody liked me, had no friends, would never get a gf, etc. This happened pretty much everywhere, even after moving to another state. Didn't have close friends, only hung out with people to avoid being alone, and they'd always make fun of me and mock me, but i tolerated it since they were the only ones i could hang out with (lowest on the social ladder).

Eventually I just "got the hint" and realized that nobody wanted me around, so i just stopped trying. Sat by myself and didn't bother anybody.
Nobody missed me.
So I stayed that way. Figured it was my lot in life.
Since I was always one of the smartest kids around (gifted and shit), I became a sort of autistic savant (kinda like rainman). Never talked, got highest grades everywhere, in every class. At least I was good at school, i figured.
At one point I even decided to join the debate team, competed in tournaments and shit. It didn't change anything. I'd just give my speeches, then shut up.

Went through life like that a while. Now I'm in medical school (though not the way i planned), and i'm sitting here looking at a text that says
>if you received my msgs and don't want to talk to me :(, please at least text me saying "no"...
And I have absolutely no idea what to say. Even thinking about it is painful.
I haven't texted anybody in probably over 5 years, even "hi" is difficult now.

But what about you? Have you been to a psychiatrist (not psychologist) yet?
Did the therapist indicate you had any other problems?

>>17099770
Therapy didn't work for me either.
>>
Just say exactly what is on your mind at any given moment without worrying about how someone will react. Be absolutely frank. Do not sugarcoat anything. Just try it out.
>>
>>17100532
That's like asking a black man to swim across the English Channel
>>
>>17100532
This is the magic bullet right here.
>>
>>17100532
I do this and I don't have any friends.
Those things are probably related.
>>
>>17100532
Lol don't do this, trust me..
>>
>>17100532
Oh, okay then!
>I want to fuck a seahorse in its belly
>Garfield told me to murder the president
>Ladyboys are just as sexy as gurly traps
>Gina, your ass looks perfect in those sweatpants, I could just ram my unicorn horn right between those thighs, my god
>Jerry, Wanda's just with you out of pity because you're a massive faggot ever since your first breakup, her words not mine
>I lit a goldfish on fire once and it was epic
>Ants are people too
>Don't fuck the trees, only the Lorax is allowed to do so
>Sonichu was a cute comic by a hilarious man
>My testicles itch
>>
>>17100897
>>17100882
>>17100834
>>17100535
Just do it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.