[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why am I so terrified of aging. >I'm 21, 22 in a re
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 800x530
Why am I so terrified of aging.

>I'm 21, 22 in a re months

I am terrified of aging, I look at young people with envy and would rather kill myself than get old.

What the fuck
>>
>>17099547
I'm 28 and still feel look how I did when I was 20. There's lots of things to look forward to when you get older
>>
>>17099600
You aren't freaking out? Why?
>>
>>17099547
Op I'm 18, and ever since I was 14 I started freaking out about getting older. We only have so much precious time on earth, and it's terrifying how fast it goes. I suppose you just have to do your best to love in the moment, live for today not tommorow. That's what I do, and for the most part it works.
>>
>>17099547
What the heck OP? Assuming you're a dude, 25 is like the best age for you. You start maturing into a real man, which will make chicks crave your dick (unless you're a fatso, then go work out till 24, it'll be worth it trust me), people will come to respect you sort of and generally speaking you finally lose that connotation of an immature dipshit.

If you're a girl, it's almost the same, beside those few whose biology kicks in. They're fucked basically.

>pun intended

You'll fuck them.
>>
>>17099547
Existential crises are a part of being human, dingus.
>>
>>17099547
It's a good question you should really try to answer.

What about aging do you fear? Your looks deteriorating? Not achieving what you think you should have? Not getting everything you think you've been entitled? Do you fear a degenerative disease? The pain of life, like watching a loved die of debilitating, painful disease? Do you fear a lonely existence? Do you resent your parents for not blessing you with godlike good looks?

Life is scary. You are aging right now. Your looks and your brain both fade with age, if you're lucky to live that long. You will die.

You can choose to live your life in fear and bitterness or you can choose to live it.

Interview some old folks. I did. The number one regret? That people wasted so much of their earlier years hating on their bodies. Granted, it was a nursing home primarily of women, it was pretty eye opening to hear their stories if you're brave enough to listen and want to overcome your fear.
>>
>>17099617
Well i don't have any expectations to live up to I enjoy my job and hobbies I have a handful of good friends I keep in touch with and I'm generally a laid back easy going dude.
>>
>>17099547
just do what i'm gunna do, live half your life and throw away the shitty part

I do not understand why people cling to life in their 80's and 90's, like they're trying to set a high score or something
>>
>>17099709
I'm with ya man who wants to be seventy anyways.
>>
I remember 13 years ago some child asked my age and when I told them, they replied "Wow! That's old!"

In many ways it feels like my life is already over. I work, I go home, I sleep, I go back to work. I don't really have any friends so on the weekends I just do whatever hobbies alone.
>>
>>17099547

I'm 30, and if I shaved my beard off people would think I'm a freshman in college.

I ain't losing value, I keep gaining it as I "age." And by age I mean I'll be carded everywhere I go for another 10 years, and continually surprise everyone new who sees me. "Whaddya mean you're 30?! No way!" "Where do you go to school, young man?"

Also, the more you worry about this stuff, OP, the more wrinkles you'll add to your skin and then you'll look as old as you feel.
>>
>>17099719
Damn dude feels sad and lonely. Get a dog?
>>
File: 1462126877205.jpg (868 KB, 1500x1972) Image search: [Google]
1462126877205.jpg
868 KB, 1500x1972
24 years old master race

last girl who was my fuckbuddy was 19

This weekend I'm going on a date with a 32 year old

both are jewish
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.