[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dealing with toxic people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
What is the most socially proficient way to deal with verbally toxic people that have a problem with you?

Two examples:

A) Played LoL with a friend's friend who immediately started shit talking and trolling me. Got real personal so I assumed my friend told him about me. I got angry not because of him, but because my friend told him personal shit about me and not once told him to shut up.

B) Overweight co-worker that's been trying to get my fired since she was demoted and then reinstated due to being a lazy obnoxious fat fuck. She doesn't get paid more than me, yet is in a position just above me that lets her ride me and work me like a dog when nobody else is around at work. Recently she pulled some bullshit rule out of her ass to piss me off, and when I went around her she tattled on the boss, exaggerating the situation to antagonize them against me.

I understand these types of shitty people exist everywhere and getting a new job or friends won't change much. How do I deal with these people without resorting to murdering them in their sleep?
>>
you have to do things to those people that make them not want to fuck with you.
>>
Well, your friend is clearly an asshole to let some random asshole have knowledge about things to use against you. Stop being friends with that person.

As far as the coworker goes, you could bring up how they throw everything on you personally, but be sure to have examples of these cases and explain whats going on.
>>
>>17098942
If they're coworkers, you just have to deal with them until there's enough to report to HR. If you have a toxic friend, remove them from your life.
>>17098955
No you don't. Some, no, MOST people are in still in the high school mentality and will do shitty things and try to mess with you because they think you're weird or don't like your face.
>>
>>17098971
> you could bring up how they throw everything on you personally, but be sure to have examples of these cases and explain whats going on.

Honestly, I just think she wants to fuck me. Her ethnicity is the one type of girl I have 0 trouble hooking up with. Everyone mocks her and nobody disagrees when I tell them I think shes a lazy fuck, yet i'm going insane justifying myself to management when they tell me i'm out of line disagreeing with fatass.

How exactly you do explain she's a bully without sounding autistic?

>>17098979
>No you don't. Some, no, MOST people are in still in the high school mentality and will do shitty things and try to mess with you because they think you're weird or don't like your face.

Exactly, so how do you deal with them? Shame them?
>>
Regarding the co-worker, where you live is important. If you live somewhere that isn't a third world shit-hole then you should have a Human Resources department worth half a fuck. Tell them exactly what fat bitch is doing. It's harassment, pure and simple. If you're at all worth anything to them yourself they'll take it very seriously, and assuming you can have others back you up on what's happening they'll either put her in check or boot her out the door.

If you're going to play LoL you're going to run into autistic shitbags. It just comes with the territory. Tell your friend what he did was a dick move. If he's not also an autistic shitbag, and if he is your friend, he should be able to recognise he fucked up.

This is all fairly simple.
>>
You can't lose your cool. You do that and you'll always look like a jackass. I'm sure these people are annoying, but if you can't hold your temper over such minuscule bullshit how do you expect to be the man when your worried about obnoxious so and so who has no relevence to your success whatsoever?
>>
File: 1450086713616.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450086713616.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
>>17100193
Others and myself have made complaints already, official and not. Asking others to make complaints to HR with me sounds like it could bite me in the ass and force a recorded confrontation i'd lose.

>>17100207
I understand, and I try, but she's disrespecting me in front of co workers and it's infuriating that everyone just shrugs at me. This is the type of woman to eat a large pizza to herself and then point, laugh and yell "thats not healthy" to everyone who enters the lunch room.
>>
>>17100486
If you took the matter to HR and had people backing you up with it and you'd still lose, then it sounds like either you've fucked up in some way or what she's doing isn't half so bad as you're making it sound.

Which is it?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.