[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
scars and family issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_nnh43vnF4g1qktmi7o1_500.jpg (132 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnh43vnF4g1qktmi7o1_500.jpg
132 KB, 500x500
so, hey /adv/

so, i just semi-recently got these scars on the right side of my face. they're not raised but they're obvious, one on my jawline and the other across my cheek.

i don't really know how to get over them - i hate talking to people even more so than before, and find myself contorting my face so the people i'm talking to don't see them.

and worse so, if they see them and ASK, i have to hurry and come up with an answer (which, really, shouldn't be hard but i get anxious).

so question 1: how do i get rid of scars/how do i get over having them in such a visible area?

as for the rest, the reason i have the scars is due to a family "altercation" with my father. it's happened on and off since i was a child and the weird thing is, there was this inkling before this incident that i could "forgive" him to some degree but ever since, i can't even look at myself without thinking of him and i get irrationally angry.

my mom tells me i'll get over it, it's cold of me to be upset still, or wish i had when he dies, and, of course, i don't believe that but i thought maybe talking to some anons about it would help out. i want to cut contact with them both when i move out and i guess i'm looking for some advice - am i being coldhearted? is cutting contact the best decision?
>>
* or wish i had forgiven him when he dies

i was typing too fast and made a lil mistake
>>
i agree with you
>>
bump bump pls
>>
Not cold hearted. What happened to you is pretty unforgivable. As far as the scars go, they're not altogether ugly, but if you get some fading crème that'll help remove them, or get close to it.
>>
>>17098930

there's over the counter treatments for fading scars, also cocoa butter and vitamin e oil helps
>>
>>17099210
i've heard a lot of them didn't work - so i guess that's why i decided to ask here.

also thanks for the reassurance

>>17099221
didnt know about cocoa butter - thanks
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.