[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i am stupid with low iq how do i get smarter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1462076214574.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1462076214574.png
51 KB, 657x527
i am stupid with low iq
how do i get smarter?
>>
>>17098610

Hire a maths tutor
>>
study
>>
Read everyday. Write everyday. Exercise.
>>
>>17098610
smoke crack
>>
What's your IQ?
>>
Read more, play games (any, not just vydia) that require logic.
>>
>>17098740
>>17098692
Not him, but isn't just reading not going to help him get smarter? I'm kind of interested in this too. Can't you just watch smart TV (like The Wire) and apply the same sort of critical analysis that you have on the show?

How does reading turn you smart?
>>
>>17098610
You don't.
>>
>>17098751
Well it can expand your vocabulary. Also it requires you to put all your attention towards it. I mean i'm no expert but i felt the difference. Like watching t.v. Doesnt make my head tired. Reading for hours on end does.
>>
>>17098763
Not just vocabulary, but it also increase your culture and knowledge. Also, depending on what you read it can increase your logic, ie. mystery novels or math books.

>>17098751
Also, there are different types of intelligences, you must try training in many fields as possible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_multiple_intelligences
>>
>>17098610
The first problem you must address is that you think you're stupid. That's actually the biggest barrier.

IQ tests measure vocabulary, spatial awareness, logical reasoning, and reading comprehension. All of these things can be developed with practice, so >>17098831
is right on.

But the issue is that you just haven't been introduced to these ideas in a way you understand yet. You can understand the concepts, but it may be the fact that the math and logic are usually not taught like the languages they really are.

Use /sci/ to your advantage (but be willing to put up with a high troll-to-help ratio), and ask people to help explain the things you read about in the books you'll get.

Read "Complete Idiot's Guides" to logic, math, and philosophy. They are actually usually really good and written by experts for an audience without the special training necessary to acquire the discourse of the subject.

Make connections between the things you learn and your life. If there is none, then make stories up that relate to the things you learn. That way, your "house of memory" will be stronger and full of more ideas to relate to.

Make connections between the things you learn. The way we teach subjects as separate entities has a damaging consequence that usually isn't undone until college, when you learn that all the Humanities and Sciences are actually about the cultures and the people behind them.

If you practice and keep reading everything you can, then you will be "smarter." And, before anything, stop believing that you can't!
>>
>>17098610
force yourself the learn synesthesia. Proven to give you 12 points on your iq in 3 months. And all you have to do is read like 5000 words or something.
>>
>>17098610
>cancerous frogposter
>i am stupid
Yeah, I'll say.
>>
>>17098692
What should you write though?
>>
>>17098751
>can i watch a drama tv show and get smart
That's like saying I can defend myself in court because I watch law & order
>>
>>17098610
READ BOOOOOOOOOOOOOKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Seriously. >>>/lit/

Start reading. Start picking up hobbies. You have the Internet. The entire world is ready for you to learn. It's really inspiring desu.

Also, go to your local community college and take some classes. I recommend taking a series of history classes for your country, some world history classes, math up to or including calculus, chem, bio, and some other stuff.

Learning is fun if you believe in yourself and take pleasure in it.
>>
>>17098610
donwload some ram
>>
>>17098610
It is easy to confuse stupidity with ignorance. Stupidity is a matter of thinking ability. Ignorance just means you haven't learned something. (I, and probably everyone reading this, am ignorant of Chinese and of ancient Babylonian art, and that says nothing about my intelligence.)

You conquer ignorance by learning stuff, and not just in school. Pick some topic that interests you - it doesn't have to be academic - and read a lot about it, just for the fun of learning more. And then pick some topic you just feel you ought to know more about (politics? quantum mechanics? your ethnic heritage?) and read about it, for the satisfaction of knowing more.

And along the way, just because you are learning and absorbing new information, you will be exercising your brain and becoming a better thinker - that is to say, smarter.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.