[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help A Friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4
File: empty.jpg (83 KB, 640x544) Image search: [Google]
empty.jpg
83 KB, 640x544
Okay so basically my best friend of almost two decades needs some help right now.

his family/relationship/job/health are all simultaneously going to complete shit and he hasn't wanted to spend time with or talk to anyone (except for me) for a while now because of his deeply growing depression.

I convinced him a couple of weeks ago to come with me to a buddy's house and have a few drinks but as the night progressed, he remained silent and seemed to be growing angry. I frequently asked if he was feeling alright or if he needed anything or wanted to leave and he just kept telling me thank you and that he would be fine. I left the house for a second to take my nephew home and when I came back he was pinned down on the couch crying and I was told that he started to tell everyone he was going to end his life tonight and he went inside and reached for a knife before being tackled to the ground.
Let me say that acting out like this is not something common from him by any means. I took him to stay with me at my house and then he went home the following morning and I did not hear from him for a week.

Just a few days ago, he shows up at my house smiling and thanking me for being such a great friend and when I go to hug him, he begins to sob uncontrollably over me and tells me how he has really felt like he has been losing his mind lately and is sure if it gets worse, he will end his life. Because He and I have been making music and art together our whole lives and we've been wanting to put a heavier focus on these things recently, as well as the fact that I'm the only person he's comfortable with lately, I Decided to ask him if he wanted to move in with me and my wife (in our guest room) and he said that he doesn't want to bother us, but that if it was possible, he thinks it could be a huge help. My wife encouraged this idea as she can see how rough he has gotten.
(tbc)
>>
(cont)

Now, here's the problem. Our roommate is not very empathic and tends to be exceptionally cautious about everything. BUT, he is also incredibly frugal and lazy and my friend said that he would pay 35% of the rent and take care of the house's maintenance. Sorry for such a back story but I'm basically looking for help with two questions:

How can I convince my roommate that my friend really needs my help and assure him that it could be beneficial?
and
What can I do to motivate and encourage my friend on a daily basis while he is living here?
>>
File: niggerwtf.gif (2 MB, 225x169) Image search: [Google]
niggerwtf.gif
2 MB, 225x169
Self-bump.
Hoping someone out there iş reading
>>
File: Conan_3.jpg (621 KB, 1892x1080) Image search: [Google]
Conan_3.jpg
621 KB, 1892x1080
Last self-bump...
>>
File: rKGTwI9.jpg (851 KB, 1813x2712) Image search: [Google]
rKGTwI9.jpg
851 KB, 1813x2712
>>
>>17098587
Des he have insurance, maybe he can go to a psychiatrist and get some medication for his depression
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.